MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Tue 21 Nov, 2017 12:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cannot complete Focus Crystal mission
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:08 am 
Shortbus

Hey all,

Having a problem in my file with the Focus Crystal mission you get after completing the tutorial. When I go to where the ship is supposed to be, there is nothing there. No ship, no rock to shoot the ship free from, just a few Civ ships and a bunch of small asteroids and general debris. I had done some searching around, and the only other reference to this problem that I could find was on this forum, but it was around a year ago with no real solution.

http://pastebin.com/XguMwTW9 - is my console.log, and I am using version 1.6

Out of the console.log, these lines seem to be where the issue is (if I had to guess):

Quote:
Loaded Quest: S2_GetFocusCrystal
game/gameScripts/escScreen.cs (67): Unable to find object: '412151' attempting to call function 'sceneSchedule'
game/gameScripts/tools.cs (45): Unable to find object: '412151' attempting to call function 'setScenePause'
game/gameScripts/tools.cs (47): Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'setScenePause'

Is there some kind of wizardry I can pull off that will get me through this? I had spent a lot of time earlier blasting asteroids for Rez, and would prefer not to have to do it all over again.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Cannot complete Focus Crystal mission
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2012 2:55 pm 
Developer

Is it possible that you imported a save from the demo?

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul, 2012 12:22 am 
Shortbus

I didn't play through the demo. I was able to solve the problem by redownloading and installing the game again. Since it wasn't going to effect my saves, I figured it was worth a shot and it worked. Not entirely sure what caused the problem in the first place, but everything appears to be working right now.

Thanks for the quick reply!

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul, 2012 5:24 am 
Developer

Glad it is sorted. Probably some file got corrupted/missed in transit.

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jun, 2013 10:26 am 
Shortbus

I have the Steam version of SPAZ and have been encountering the same problem over and over. I have tried reinstalling the game to no avail, restarting from scratch and getting to the same point does not help either - there is simply no rock to blow up to get to the zombies. 4 civilian turtle heads are south of the warp in point and that's it. In fact, now, when I load my save (prior to going to the military base and getting the quest) and proceed to the quest normally, the sector with the supposed rock and civilian ships is just empty.

Current Version: 1.605

Same problem in the log as the previous poster.

Loaded Quest: S2_GetFocusCrystal
game/gameScripts/escScreen.cs (67): Unable to find object: '205539' attempting to call function 'sceneSchedule'
game/gameScripts/tools.cs (45): Unable to find object: '205539' attempting to call function 'setScenePause'
game/gameScripts/tools.cs (47): Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'setScenePause'

Frankly I have run out of ideas on what to do.

PostPosted: Sat 21 May, 2016 9:39 am 
Shortbus

I had the same issue using the steam version.

I resolved this problem by downloading the version off the minmax site and copying all the files into the steam folder, except for the SpazGame.exe file.

Steps
Steam version installed in: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Space Pirates and Zombies
Minmax version installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\SpacePiratesAndZombies\Spaz

Copy all the files (except the SpazGame.exe file) from C:\Program Files (x86)\SpacePiratesAndZombies\Spaz into C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Space Pirates and Zombies.

If you get the activation key message, then you are running the minmax version of SpazGame.exe. Re-download the steam version and try these steps again.