MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Sun 25 Feb, 2018 4:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Big Tuning Patch Incoming!
PostPosted: Sat 01 Oct, 2011 7:06 am 
Hound

They got a day... depending on your timezone ofc!

PostPosted: Sat 01 Oct, 2011 5:57 pm 
Developer

I have made it into sector 4 now. Richard has started his second playthrough as well. We are a little late, but we have been burning the candle at both ends to get the game tuned up real nice. It is getting very close now. We just want to make sure we didn't make sector 4 too hard now. I think that I can power through sector 4 today, and then start building patches on Sunday to distribute on Monday, fingers crossed.

Also grunt shuttles are awesome now, probably my new favorite. To answer the question above, only marines (ship boarders) can steal blueprints, blackboxes etc. It is a nice bonus for researching up that chain.

There are also quite a few little optimizations added, so we are hoping that resolves at least some of the slowdown on older machines.

I also changed the AI flight control a bit yesterday, but I am not 100% sure it is good yet. The change was to prevent that orbiting behavior on large and huge ships when they try to dock.

PostPosted: Sat 01 Oct, 2011 6:37 pm 
Hound

Better ultra hard than a cakewalk for Section 4 of the game... though you are right, ultra hard isnt much better

PostPosted: Sat 01 Oct, 2011 9:40 pm 
Shortbus

I can't wait to see the update, I've gotten scads & scads more enjoyment out of SPAZ than I initially expected when I first bought it :). my first game was on the normal default difficulty with the galaxy size cranked up to max, I had 147 star systems explored before taking the plunge & getting the clockwork2 around level 85ish. Now I'm around 115 with a good quarter of the core cleaned up having a blast, I've even figured out how to minimize systems calling for help (systems with multiple gateways/paths to infected systems get infected wayyy more often, just clear a bity up the fork). I'm looking forward to clearing the other2/3 and smashing through the black hole to run though on a bit higher difficulty with the new patch :). I just wish that chapter4 had a tech jump with more options opening up like happens early on with mombs/mines/drones/etc and some new techs from those 5 years to collect. I'm looking forward to beams being more useful again. The first time I bumped into a crawled loaded with cannons was just about the last time I bothered using beam weapons ;). finding out about the shuttles and gaining new techs/blueprints is definately going to make some adjustments to my next playthrough :)

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct, 2011 12:49 am 
Hound

Its good to hear that the Grunt Shuttles and suicide cannons will become a viable weapon again... A use for those pesky goons getting lazy on the mothership!

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct, 2011 2:59 am 
Shortbus

Awesome game esp. since only two people made it. I really liked the surplus cloak (not requiring research in clocking to use cloak but it is kinda frustrating to not have cloack booster modules).

Sorry to ask questions about the future of the game:
1. Approx how many more ships will there be (excluding mods) when the game is complete.
2. Will mother ship customization (just like you can customize normal ships and I also heard somewhere that becons will be customizable to) ever be in the game and when (few weeks/few mouths).
3. How much damage do drones do (owned ships mainly with launchers so didn't notice).

Last edited by afree10 on Sun 02 Oct, 2011 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct, 2011 4:18 am 
Turtle head

2. I'm pretty sure I've seen both mothership and beacon customization being mentioned as "on the list," so I have hopes of seeing both. I would think the answer to when is pretty much "when it's done." :)
4. Funny you should ask, blorfy mentioned not too many posts ago that drones aren't going to be getting the new floating damage numbers yet. So it'll still be hard to give you a good answer even after this patch is out. ;)

PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct, 2011 1:21 am 
Scout

Everyone loves patch notes! Could you please post bits of the change log that will for sure be making it in? >8D

PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct, 2011 1:33 am 
Developer

your wish is my command :)

I Juuust finished the game. Died 4 times on the end level, so it is pretty tough now, at least for me. I did a beam play through to ensure that they were viable.