MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Wed 21 Feb, 2018 6:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Impulse Keys delayed 1 day.
PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 1:24 am 
Dart

Richard wrote:
I'm not sure when exactly they will resolve the issue, but the have assured us it is a priority to get this working ASAP. You will be able to play the game on Impulse just fine, once everything is back to normal.

just a question is there any ETA on the time it will be out because im in GMT time so its 1:23 AM here will i be able to play it late at night im a late nighter anyway =3

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 1:31 am 
Hatchet

DrHojo wrote:
Richard wrote:
I'm not sure when exactly they will resolve the issue, but the have assured us it is a priority to get this working ASAP. You will be able to play the game on Impulse just fine, once everything is back to normal.

just a question is there any ETA on the time it will be out because im in GMT time so its 1:23 AM here will i be able to play it late at night im a late nighter anyway =3

I'm guessing no.

Impulse used to be owned and operated by stardock, which I believe operated on pacific time (GMT -7 at this time of year). Following the buyout by Gamespot I believe it's still operated by Stardock--meaning they likely left work about half an hour ago; If it wasn't done then I doubt it will be done before 9 am PST, likely closer to noon I would suspect--4-7pm GMT.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 1:35 am 
Dart

Allectus wrote:
DrHojo wrote:
Richard wrote:

I'm guessing no.

Impulse used to be owned and operated by stardock, which I believe operated on pacific time (GMT -7 at this time of year). Following the buyout by Gamespot I believe it's still operated by Stardock--meaning they likely left work about half an hour ago; If it wasn't done then I doubt it will be done before 9 am PST, likely closer to noon I would suspect--4-7pm GMT.

damn oh well

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 1:50 am 
Dart

DrHojo wrote:
That's fair enough and there's no point in removeing the CD-Key verification because somebody is bound to use it in pirated sites

Not to be a pesimistic... zombie, but that didnt stop them...

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 1:52 am 
Dart

Richard wrote:

If I download the demo on steam, can I apply the key later and it will reg it up?

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 1:59 am 
Dart

tribalplague wrote:
DrHojo wrote:
That's fair enough and there's no point in removeing the CD-Key verification because somebody is bound to use it in pirated sites

Not to be a pesimistic... zombie, but that didnt stop them...

oh i know don't worry i pirated it once then i brought because it was awsome before people acuse me of stealing

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 5:06 am 
Shortbus

You guys put in so much work for the crunch time leading up to v1.0. One more day isn't going to hurt. Congrats on getting the game finished!

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 6:58 am 
Hatchet

Bummer! And here I was sipping my morning coffee and thinking about firing up the Impulse version of SPAZ. Pity.

Oh well, got some chores to do anyway to pass time.

Last edited by J HG T on Tue 16 Aug, 2011 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 7:02 am 
Shortbus

At least I live in Pacific time zone. The optimistic side of me hopes a resolution will be forthcomming when I drink my morning coffee in 8 hours or so.

Or at least after the "honey do" list is complete for the day.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 7:16 am 
Colt

tribalplague wrote:
Richard wrote:

If I download the demo on steam, can I apply the key later and it will reg it up?

Steam tends to keep demos and retail as separate entities, like they are literally 2 entirely different games. You could possibly migrate the demo saves manually from the " /demo/Save" folder to "/retail/Save" folder...and it would work, although i havent any inclination if the achievements will stick.

But in a short answer, dont hope on just being able to go from demo to retail seamlessly, might as well just hold out.

Image - " Particle Cannon, Particle Cannon. Doing the things a Particle Cannon... " -

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 7:22 am 
Boomerang

Sometimes installing a demo will preload the full game for if you do decide to purchase it (or later activate it on Steam). I doubt the demo saves will work though.

Ed: Downloading the demo WILL NOT preload the full game. Tested it myself.

Last edited by Arcalane on Tue 16 Aug, 2011 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 7:30 am 
Boomerang

Hmmm. So Impulse will only update SPAZ to 1.0 after it sorts out the key transfer?

I don't know about you, but it seems to me their priorities aren't quite right there.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 10:56 am 
Dart

Toxicologist wrote:
Hmmm. So Impulse will only update SPAZ to 1.0 after it sorts out the key transfer?

I don't know about you, but it seems to me their priorities aren't quite right there.

The keys needed to be changed, regardless, if they would've done this later you would've been in the exact same predicament, as you would be now.
Right now, your current key is invalidated, apparently it takes longer to convert the key to Steam acceptable keys than they originally anticipated.

However, unfortunate, this is not strictly only Impulse's fault, Minimax already admitted they were rather late with the announcement themselves and
Impulse, or rather, the guys behind it are doing their best to solve the issue as soon as they possibly can.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 11:09 am 
Gopher

And as usual, DRM does what it does best. (Spoiler: It's not preventing piracy)

Consider NOT gimping your future games with it.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 11:27 am 
Dart

FinDude wrote:

Cry me a river. CD Keys are about the most benign of all DRMs.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 11:40 am 
Turtle head

FinDude wrote:

Agreed. That we have to wait on the key switchover when those who haven't even paid do not is absurd.

Edit: Mind you, I'm not certain if it could have prevented this case. I believe Impulse assigns keys to every game they sell no matter what. Combine that with MinMax's desire to make all keys Steam activatable, and this situation probably could have happened even without the serial activation DRM.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 12:28 pm 
Scout

All a few extra hours will do is hone my. . . antici-
pation.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 1:40 pm 
Shortbus

can someone explain that with the keys?
for example it means, impulse keys are 10 digits, and steam keys are 12 digits? or is that some other thing?

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 1:51 pm 
Boomerang

SoulThief wrote:
Toxicologist wrote:

The keys needed to be changed, regardless, if they would've done this later you would've been in the exact same predicament, as you would be now.
Right now, your current key is invalidated, apparently it takes longer to convert the key to Steam acceptable keys than they originally anticipated.

However, unfortunate, this is not strictly only Impulse's fault, Minimax already admitted they were rather late with the announcement themselves and
Impulse, or rather, the guys behind it are doing their best to solve the issue as soon as they possibly can.

If I am not mistaken, SPAZ does not require Impulse to run. Therefore, if they updated first, I could still run SPAZ without Impulse, even if the Impulse key is invalidated.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 1:52 pm 
Turtle head

That is the one thing I don't really understand about this situation: Why couldn't 1.0 have been pushed for pre-orderers via the beta entry for the game, while the Steam key situation was worked out in the background on a new "full release" entry?

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 2:22 pm 
Dart

Kloreep wrote:
That is the one thing I don't really understand about this situation: Why couldn't 1.0 have been pushed for pre-orderers via the beta entry for the game, while the Steam key situation was worked out in the background on a new "full release" entry?

Most likely they want to get the situation with the keys done first so they can sell the game full price.
Customer satisfaction comes after that.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 3:05 pm 
Shortbus

So, iam finished work today, went home, and its still not playable from impulse, that a little disappointing for me :(

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 4:30 pm 
Dart

i'm still bloodly waiting i'm starting to get anoyed now >=(

Last edited by DrHojo on Tue 16 Aug, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 4:34 pm 
Hatchet

This is nothing. I waited about two and a half years for Space Rangers: Reboot when it first came out in Russia. Two and a half years checking forums and sites pretty much every possible day to see when it would be translated to english.
One day, one week or even one month ain't s**t for me when I'm waiting for something.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 4:38 pm 
Shortbus

I'd not mind the keys being delayed. But Impulse locking me out of a game I paid for is not cool.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next