MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Sun 25 Feb, 2018 4:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Steam key transfer answers
PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 8:03 pm 
Shortbus

Kaese wrote:
Are the latecomer keys already sent to Steam?

Hello? :?

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 8:06 pm 
Hound

Info here ...

http://www.spacepiratesandzombies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1649

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 8:18 pm 
Dart

Richard, sorry to be a bother but if I havent played on v0.9 for a couple of months but have played on it on my dads PC with the serial provided I will be issued a new serial for v1.0 for impulse which in turn works for steam right? (A bit worried as I cant install v0.9 on my own PC now even with my old serial I got first of)

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 8:24 pm 
Hound

As an Impulse user, you should be good to go for the transfer once the Impulse issue is sorted out.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 8:36 pm 
Dart

Ah ok thanks, sorry to being a bother about it was just wanting to make sure as the key didnt even work for the old 0.9 while it did on my dads PC ^.^

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2011 12:15 am 
Shortbus

When the final keys (latest BMT keys) will be sent to Steam? Is it already done? Must we wait Steam front page update (19h pm GMT+1) because their database is update at the same time or it's false?

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2011 12:17 am 
Developer

As long as you activate your BMT version of the game very soon, like within an hour. We are going to push the last of the activated keys to Steam shortly. Hurry hurry :)

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 9:33 am 
Shortbus

I had boughten this game quite some time ago from the company itself Beta 9.007 and the problem for me is I don't remember my activation key as I've deleted the email around the same time. I didn't know I'd need it again to activate on Steam.

Is there anything that can be done? It's quite disheartening to think that the game is pretty much over for me as I only play games now a days on Steam.

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 5:22 pm 
Hound

Shoot an email to contact@spazgame.com with your full name, and the email you used when purchasing. I'll try and recover it for you.

PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug, 2011 3:32 pm 
Shortbus

Hey guys. (kind of a general message doesn't fit entirely in this thread :P )
a) I wanted to congratulate u on the game. I like it a lot and I have already played long hours. The change of game strategy keeps the interest up from chapter to chapter.
b) I want to report that when I tried to buy the game from steam on August 25 it was simply giving back errors so I went through BMT. I tried to activate the key on Steam and it didn't work so I came here to the forum to see why. I guess there are not any features missing in the non-steam release so I don't bother. I think that this should be clarified in the FAQ section, i don't really care for the steam badges but I was not sure if I was missing sth else.
c) I became aware of the game after reading a flattering review from arstechnica.com which is really fond of indie developers
d) I have around 4 computers in my house but I usually game on 2: a desktop and a laptop. SPAZ being a lightweight activate once offline game was one of the reasons of my choice, so I currently installed it in my laptop. Can I also activate it on the desktop? Using steam would solve this problem but now do I have any options?
e) I've showed it to some of my younger friends who are savvy gamers but they are not interested, they said that the lack of multiplayer mode is a bummer for many people that are used to the online interaction and/or cooperation. Even a simple LAN-style multiplayer battle mode would blow some air in that direction like the Medieval series.
For example give gold to both teams (or even multiple sides), use default (or acquired via single player) tech level, define ship number and sizes and fight. Of course disable pause and only give tactics mode without pausing. Add some interesting levels with interaction with barrels bases or hiding places and it's on. If that was the case u would have a broader audience.
I am not a game developer but as far as I know the torque 2D engine supports that

PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug, 2011 4:30 pm 
Developer

Hi evoloution,

a: Thank you very much :)

b: The only difference between Steam and non Steam are the achievements

c: Yeah we were really happy when Ars put up the review.

d: Multiple installs will work fine

e: We plan on building SPAZ 2 around multiplayer, so it shall happen :)

PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug, 2011 5:31 pm 
Shortbus

On a side note $15 for the game is a good choice cheap enough to bring enough people and expensive enough to sustain growth, but getting a direct answer from one of the game creators -> priceless :)

I am looking forward to testing new features and seeing SPAZ 2 come to fruition :P