MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Sun 25 Feb, 2018 4:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Difficulty Levels
Poll ended at Tue 02 Aug, 2011 12:24 am
1. Can only set difficulty on game start. Then you are stuck with it. 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
2. You can reduce the difficulty at anytime, never higher. 27%  27%  [ 7 ]
3. Turn up and down difficulty at will, it is your game after all. 27%  27%  [ 7 ]
4. Option: lock difficulty at game start. Otherwise change at will 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Re: Quick question about difficulty levels.
PostPosted: Sun 07 Aug, 2011 11:05 pm 
Gyro

Having played Mass effect 2 I have to admit I like the opition to chance the diffculty on the fly. If there is an awards ststem I'm cool with the award being set to the lowest level of difficultly you used. I have been a power player and a causal gamer over the years and I have come to find out that I hate it when the difficulty is set on rails. At that ponit it feels like find the key exit the level, Rinse, Lather repeat.

allowing the diffculty change on the fly is great for those days I just wanna play not slog. Add to that ever had a stupid bad head cold, had to stay home yet still could not mess with a save game because it would take more then you got to play at the level its at. Bleh!!! sliding diffdultly for me please.

PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug, 2011 4:36 pm 
Hound

You will be able to lower the difficulty during play, but not raise it back up again. It's a one way deal if you want to change it mid way though.

PostPosted: Tue 09 Aug, 2011 5:00 pm 
Scout

White Haven wrote:
Irrespective of difficulty levels locks, my big thing is to have something cool for doing it on a hard level. Not necessarily something ultrapowerful or anything, but cool. Maybe a difference in the ending, maybe a cool toy/new ship type/different mothership model or whatever for a new game plus, maybe unlock extra tech levels, who knows what. An, well, 'insane' difficulty level that exists just to be hard won't get played much. One that can deliver something cool to the person who manages it? Hell yes.

I think this would be really cool. Think Halo endings; something to forebode the first expansion pack or somesuch would be fantastic.