MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Mon 22 Jan, 2018 7:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Getting past chapter 3...
PostPosted: Wed 28 Dec, 2016 5:06 am 
Dart

Some reason, I'm having a very hard time in this chapter. I cant seem to be able to get any huge ships, because my Big Brother/Saucer/Colt even fitted with particle cannons cant kill advanced sunspots or star cruisers. Its pretty much impossible as they obliterate my ships, and thats not including the several large ships that are with them. So what am I missing here? It just seems very unbalanced. Ive tried waiting in conflict missions but they are very rare and ive get 1 blueprint after an hour of waiting in there.

Post subject: Re: Getting past chapter 3...
PostPosted: Sat 21 Jan, 2017 7:37 am 
Shortbus

Same here, chapter 3 is really hard. Did you manage to get past it?

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2017 6:50 am 
Shortbus

Try using CHEAPER ships, first off, except one larger craft. Ypu should be able to afford to respawn the smallest class nearly an unlimited amount; they're quite efficient.

Second, vary your approach. For example, I prefer direct-fire weapons, but bombs (most especially) and missiles can be very useful on the right missions.

Personally, I have the best luck vs. stronger foes when flying a Helix with normal shields and a Lg. Engine Booster.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Feb, 2017 1:27 am 
Hound

Some other tips:

1) Any civilian base sometimes gets visited by the Huge ship, the Freighter. That can be a fairly easy one to get with enough persistence.

2) Find a high level zone, say 60+, and try to get both factions to like you. Then when a random warzone appears, neither will be hostile to you and you can just farm blueprints when their huge ships fight eachother, without too much difficulty for you.

3) Find a high level zone, say 60+ with Zombies, and try to find a warzone with friendly faction and zombies and farm blueprints that way.

4) Although dangerous, you could also try angering a faction enough that they will attack your mothership, and you can utilize the mothership's firepower to give you an edge against that faction.

5) Although dangerous, three way warzones in high level zones can be a great way to get blueprints. Though if one or more factions (not including zombies) doesn't like you, they may blow up your beacon.

Hope these help.