MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Mon 20 Nov, 2017 1:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggestions, and a minor bug
PostPosted: Fri 04 Aug, 2017 8:05 pm 
Shortbus

Hi guys.
I've had the game for about a month now and I'm having a blast! (I'm already at my third start!) It quickly became my default late-night game where I can easily hop in to relax after a long day. I'm quite eager to see where it will evolve, but the game is already great! Congratulations are in order!

I do have a few minor suggestions.
1- Allow the player to see his resources while in combat. (Maybe in the tactical overlay?) It would be great to know the amount of Rez you currently have in stock while doing a Rez operations.
1.5- While were at it, why not add the info about how much rez, goons and scrap you'd have to leave behind if you need to run away from a battle.
2- More captains. The 200 npc limit works fine for the 2 smaller maps, but it makes it really hard to start your own empire on the big map. It's almost impossible to recruit since by the time you can create your own faction, nearly all captains have joined the NPC factions. It also completely change the game dynamic since huge areas of space will basically be empty. I know the 200 limit was probably chosen to help players with weaker computers run the game, but if that the case why not add a slider that would allow to customize the number of NPCs captains?

Also, here's a minor bug I found yesterday.
-When on the starmap, if you click on a "taskbar" button while there's an object beneath it, the object will have selection priority. Example, if I want to see my faction's info but there's a starbase under the button, the starbase window will open instead of the info window.

Many thanks for all of your efforts.