MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Sun 22 Oct, 2017 7:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: AI and bounties are -really- broken. Please look into this.
PostPosted: Sat 06 Aug, 2016 5:00 am 
Shortbus

So I get a bounty put on me- of even a piddling amount- and I am GALACTIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE! YOU CANNOT PAUSE FOR THREE SECONDS! SMEAR HIM ACROSS THE SPACEWAYS! *frothing static and growls of incoherent rage*

But when I put a bounty on anyone else- "But he's my brother! My blood brother! Practically me! I SHALL NEVER GO FOR THIS BOUNTY YOU SCUM!"

What gives? I even tested this. I cheated in a MILLION scrap, dumped it on someone with identical threat level as myself. Me? I'm still chased by EVERYONE WITH A DAMN SHIP in the galaxy. Him? He casually stroooolllls past me as I'm getting bent over.

What gives? Why the hell can't I turn this incredibly broken system -off?- Or at least make them NOT THINK I AM GALACTIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE SIMPLY FOR HAVING A FEW SCRAP ON MY HEAD?

[edit 1] And no, the cloak doesn't solve jack. The cloak just makes be burn all my rez so that I can get a few seconds of peace then die instantly when I try to do anything.
[edit 2] And why is there NO WAY to clear a bounty than to attack someone who's far in excess of your own level at the time it's applied? Why are they even slapping a bounty on me when their threat is ten or so levels higher than mine? Why aren't they simply trying to push my face in themselves? Do they get off on runs of sixteen to twenty-five (I counted!) ships chasing one poor bastard across the stars?

Post subject: Re: AI and bounties are -really- broken. Please look into th
PostPosted: Sat 06 Aug, 2016 4:09 pm 
Hound

You are not being picked on by the simulation, but you are not being treated as special either.

Every agent in the game keeps a persistent relationship with each other. Despite "Bob" having billion dollar bounty, he might be well liked, or part of a powerful faction, or have powerful friends. If you are malicious to everyone, you are more likely to get a bounty placed on you and have others react to it. Everyone can see the things you do. Spend more time doing business in friendly space. If you have some friends, stay close to them. Click on the captain info button and find out why these agents hate you so much. Click you your captain info page to see a list of everyone that has placed a bounty on you. You can pay reparations remotely without having to travel anywhere.

Like a game of Civ, the game can change wildly depending on how you play, and how the other agents react to you. I you are not playing nice, the game will react to that. Try avoiding or befriending the agents that dislike you.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat 06 Aug, 2016 7:53 pm 
Shortbus

But I'm genuinely not doing anything to piss anyone off. I literally did this. "Build three starbases in unoccupied space with no one's territory bordering them." And suddenly it's like, "OH GOD HE HAS A STARBASE! KILL HEEEEEM!

Here's an example. I built two starbases. That's it. And suddenly I'm horrible. I haven't attacked anyone in any faction, I haven't even stolen from them. I've not even built near anyone's holdings.

I haven't even SEEN one of the guys who put this bounty on me yet.

PostPosted: Sat 06 Aug, 2016 10:53 pm 
Hound

You can locate the captains that bounty you from your captain info page. Click the little "i" bottom at the bottom, or click on your ship directly on the map. From there, you can get at their captain info page and figure out why this is happening, or pay off the bounty.

My guess is somebody has gone to war with you, and your are being targeted by the leader of another faction. You can find this out from the faction members button on the HUD at the bottom.

I noticed you are in a sandbox mode. Depending on what you decided to set all the initial sliders to, the game could become incredibly difficult. If this is your first time playing, we definitely recommend not jumping directly into a sandbox game. The story mode serves as a colossal tutorial for all the things you can tinker with in the sandbox mode.

It's also possible something is broken :) Feel free to send us your save-game for us to take a look at if you wish.

PostPosted: Tue 09 Aug, 2016 4:04 pm 
Shortbus

Wow, I've never been pursued like that before :o . I'd be curious to see the relationships in play in that game and understand how something like that happened too.