MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Sat 25 Nov, 2017 3:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Them Wingmen...
PostPosted: Tue 07 Feb, 2017 4:54 pm 
Shortbus

Greetings,

first off, really enjoying the past few updates, made the game a lot more fun - especially the support craft now actually making a difference is awesome. Now here is my issue:

I can not decide wether I want help or not. I would like to be able to do that. The way I play I can take out most targets by myself, but I need time. The AI seems to rush in head first all the time, gets killed, and I lose a potential ally, or later-on, my fellow Clockwork-Empire Captains. I would like to be able to be antisocial and decide if I accept any help, and if so, from whom. Or... at least... give my faction members some orders on their battle stance... keep Your distance, defensive, aggressive, motherships or supports targeted first, retreat etc.

Is anything like this going to appear? (Pleas say yes... don't want to see my precious minions burned by my personal ambition all the time... I need Zombie shields for my bases...)

Post subject: Re: Them Wingmen...
PostPosted: Wed 08 Feb, 2017 4:46 pm 
Hound

Hi there

That sort of thing it actually a bit more difficult than it appears on the surface. In most RTS games your units will do exactly what you tell them, and can sit idle for a millennia waiting for orders. Every agent in SPAZ 2 is a living one. They need to eat and have a desire to advance. They might not be trying to help you, as much as they want to fulfill their needs.

That said, we do add new interactions as we feel they are needed, like the "Get Lost!" option we put in last update. I don't think we'll end up with a standard RTS order array, but your requests isn't uncommon, and we'll give it some more thought.

PostPosted: Wed 08 Feb, 2017 8:20 pm 
Shortbus

Actually, that might be an even better approach and more in line with the feel of the game. Don't give out orders, but "inform" about Your strategies... like a simple stance setting letting the AI know what You intend to do rush/aggressive/long distance/hit+run/... that way the AI has a handle on which tactics to chose for itself depending on enemy strength - would make much more sense than an actual "orders" panel, as You mentioned, this is not aimed to become an RTS...

PostPosted: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 9:51 pm 
Shortbus

This, imo, is a great idea, if it's doable!