MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Sat 23 Sep, 2017 4:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Add dedicated carrier ships?
PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct, 2014 12:55 am 
Shortbus

Ehh, I thought it would be kinda nice to have dedicated carriers, like a ship that focuses on the number of drone bays, not so much for weapons, like, it trades other equipment for drone bays. That. I would also like if it was a large or huge class ship. That's all, thanks!

Last edited by Enforcer758 on Sat 18 Oct, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Add dedicated carrier ships?
PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct, 2014 1:08 pm 
Tug

Technically, there is such a ship, altough it's a hybrid, The Sunspot (or whatever it was called), the Huge circle ship with 3 hangar bays, 3 huge tractor beams, 1 huge turret in the center, and 2 supporting turrets.

PostPosted: Sat 18 Oct, 2014 5:11 pm 
Shortbus

Ok, Ok, but question... I think Zapper Drones are the best, but what drone type just absolutely overwhelms at least tiny ships in numbers?

PostPosted: Sat 18 Oct, 2014 5:21 pm 
Tug

I'm not really sure, and actually, i haven't played the game for some time now.
What i do know is, first drones benefit from cannon tech, and do cannon damage. Second drones (Zapper) benefit from beam tech, and do ?beam? damage, Third drones (bombers) benefit from cannon tech and do universal damage (Same as Fusion Beams and Particle cannons). The Zapper drones theoretically can't miss, butsince they do beam damage, they are weaker vs armor, bomber drones miss, but do a lot more damage.
One build you can do for the Sunspot is all/2 Zapper drones to take out the enemy shields, and Mass Drivers in the Huge turret, to ignore the armor, and since mass drivers penetrate several ships (usually), you can use them against the tiny ships, and in case you have some energy problems, leech beams in the smaller turrets.
If you are planning on using another ship for the resource gathering, replace the tractor beams with boosters, i'm not sure which ones would be better (and it also depends on your tech levels), experiment on that, but maybe 1 drone booster, 1 cannon booster, and 1 reactor/engine/shield/whatever you need the most.

PostPosted: Sat 25 Oct, 2014 2:22 am 
Volley

My fav setup for sun was 2 drones.. one zaper one bomber. 2 rails and 2 PC's, Eats most things up rather quick.