MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Sat 25 Nov, 2017 3:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Any coders with some spare time available?
PostPosted: Thu 06 Feb, 2014 7:52 am 
Shortbus

I have a cool concept mod idea in mind for SPAZ, though I want to start with the basics; adding my own ships into the game. Unfortunately for me I don't have an ounce of coder inside of me; all my resources focus instead in the art and creative writing department. So while I've made a couple of cool starships for SPAZ at varied sizes, I can't get them into the game because I don't know how to set up the code.

Anyone want to either help me out with a simple mod, or supply me with tutorials so that, when I get time off of work, I can eventually learn to do it myself? Given that SPAZ 2 has been announced I'd rather get this done before interest in modding for this game is lost in favor of working on modding the second one.

Oh, and if you want to see an example of what I've done:

It isn't much; in fact, it's supposed to be a tiny hull ship (I think I built the initial as a small hull though, can't remember), but it's my favorite ship I've made mostly due to the fact that it's the one I've developed the most in the novel series I am writing. The scale might be a bit off though; I wasn't sure how big Hatchets were, but the Ant is actually about as long as the currently retired Space Shuttle Orbiter. I don't mind scale being off, but I'd rather it be as close to accurate as possible.

If anyone wants to help, or is interested in what kind of ships I have planned on building, gimme a heads up; either PM me or respond on this topic, I'll try and get back to you. ^^