MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Fri 17 Nov, 2017 6:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Naval Power Mod v1
PostPosted: Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:12 pm 
Shortbus

Naval Power Mod v1.1

what this mod aims to do is change the way some of the more proud vessels act like the star cruiser and carrier and turns them into real military ships so the carrier becomes a true carrier but i did use the Super Carrier mod for it as i felt it suited the carrier role perfectly however it did need tweaking lol after all 26 slots on a carrier makes the mod maker cen2050 as insane as me (I hope you didnt take offense cen2050 i mean it in jest but you have to admit it is fun to go mad in games)

Version 1.0:

made the huge class ships star cruiser and carrier into a more naval role, the large big brother, the medium yacht, the small classes hacthet and ranger and the tiny classes grasshoper and gyro into more militeristic ships

Version 1.1 Update: added hulldesigns to make new ships compatable

Version 1.2 Update: expanded the turret system completely and went wild so do enjoy

Version 1.2a Update: added in the globalTuning.cs file from revenge of the short bus everyone loves a royal flush lol

Last edited by Bocaan on Thu 19 Mar, 2015 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Naval Power Mod v1
PostPosted: Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:54 pm 
Tug

I haven't downloaded it yet, i will soon.
But from what i know, the ships are made out of 2 parts. Hull with the hardPoints, their size and their type. And the other part is the design, which is basically the outfit of the ships, with the specific weapons, armor plate, engine, shield, reactor, utility, etc. I can't be 100% sure, but i'd guess the error that happens when you try to spawn an outfitted ship from Ctrl+S is because the design you are trying to spawn is the old one, with the old hardPoints and stuff.
I'd guess that when you meet the specific ship in-game it will also crash, and if somehow you manage to unlock it, it will crash when you try to put it in the shipyard (eh, whatever the section of the mothership was called).
If it's not that, then either some minor type/error with copy-pasting, or i don't know :/
But still, i'm looking forward to trying out the mod.

PostPosted: Wed 18 Mar, 2015 12:14 am 
Shortbus

thanks if there is an issue let me know on what it is and how to fix it when it comes to modding games im not as great as some are but im willing to give it a try i made this mod after i saw the ships i pointed out looked like very militeristic ships and well i felt like i wanted to mod them as more military prone ships so enthisis on offensive capabilies with some defensive as i was thinking about how to make the game a tactical thing not just build a ship hope for the best kinda game like i did first time round lol but still if it works out that i have something viable here i may go ahead and add in the weapon ive been making for the mod XD it is going to be in the style of a WW2 ship artillery gun like say a 15 inch while the looks of it is using the massdriver cannon i have used a sound effect from one of my older games called legends of pegasus it uses the large particle cannons sound and sounds very much like a large calibur cannon going off if i could pull it off id have it as a high damage long range slow as hell cannon as it was meant to compliment the star cruiser/big brother/yacht ships over the other classes the red autocannon gun that is in the cannon serise is a good fighter gun/anti-missile gun so could also make a PD system with that and finally missiles i will add on to the yacht and star cruiser when i have tested the mod out more

also i plan to change the mole's guns from shooter to launcher as i feel a fighter type is better as a hit and run missile boat

finally after reading your post i did find the ship design file and it looks like all i need to do is add in say a Star Cruiser D for them design to take hold and edit the rest seems simple enough will have to do it for the lot so i guess thank you for that so if that is the case i doubt it be too much of a problem but this is my first mod and again any and all help will be greatly appreciated :)

P.S. do the marine guns even work? i tried to use them once and they didnt do anything?

PostPosted: Wed 18 Mar, 2015 1:29 am 
Tug

Marine guns cost goons, also for some reason, my ships blow up from time to time when i try to launch marines from a ship with low crew amount (though it may be from the FFU mod).

Yeah, Altering the designs is semi-easy, though be careful of typos/copy-pasting.

About the PD cannon you are trying to make, it's actually impossible to add it currently, it's hardcoded and we don't have enough core game files, only laser/beam PDs are possible, unfortunetly.

Anyway, i look forward to that cannon.

PostPosted: Wed 18 Mar, 2015 2:11 am 
Shortbus

thanks for that now i know what to do :) now to commence Operation: Zombie Slay mwahahahahahaaaaaaaa

PostPosted: Wed 18 Mar, 2015 3:54 pm 
Shortbus

ok Version 1.1 is up and now has the basic designs done so it works it took me 4-5 hours of fiddling and fixing to my surprise i found the hulldesign aspect surprisingly easy!

anyway DestinyAtlantis i fixed the issue and well they work well the Star Cruiser does have a bug issue with the guns i am still working on that however it is clearly not hull design related that i believe is due to turret slot alignment to which im not quite sure how it works i am guessing it is a X, Y Axial principle which again for me would be a snap fix if i know how the X and Y axis moved about in SPAZ unlike GSB where it was fairly simple and easy i could add more turret slots and know where it all fit as on GSB the negative Y axis was a left movement function if you increased the negative number sequence like wise if you went right adding standard numbers going right made the object go right and X well that was the up, down feature up was a negative numeral and down i believe was a positive numeral

PostPosted: Wed 18 Mar, 2015 9:10 pm 
Tug

The linkpoint, or whoever they were called, are a bit annoying to do from what i remember reading about them, but yeah, they are X,Y axis based. I think it was that you put the picture of the ship on an X,Y axis-based coordinates system, with negative numbers and so on, then you put the collision polygon, which is basically drawing multiple straight lines, and then selecting single points to be the different linkpoints, that act for engine animation, satelite dish/passive tractor beam used for collecting Data, and all the equipment slots, but beware their IDs.

There are several Threads about this on the forums, and i think the collision polygon was also point-based, i.e point A(xA,yA), point B(xB,yB) make a single line, then B with C(xC, yC) makes a second line, etc., also i think the initial and final point had to be the same to be a complete polygon.

I'll look for them in a bit.

Edit:
Adding Linkpoints and the link i had linked in there before: Tool: LinkPoint Recorder
Questions about placing mounts, in there a bit down it seems i had posted most of the links i had quick-searched/remembered at the time, probably.

Edit 2: Ehm, i have absolutely no idea who put the "I'm a mod, I can fix posts! -EN" in my post there, i guess someone made a joke :/

PostPosted: Thu 19 Mar, 2015 7:51 am 
Shortbus

thanks again and i also improved the Quad turret system so that now all turret classes with the universal stat this means you can now have those ships fitted out with hordes of missiles hahahahahahahaaaaaa and that from small to huge now have single, fixed, double, triple and quad variants so finally to make it as a joke i edited a 5 slot ship cant remember its name and the hatchet to be now full on turret blaster platform i felt it would give people reason to use the smaller more nimble classes over the big bruisers on the fact while they lacked health there speed coulkd "Speed tank" the bigger ships more precisesly with the turrets all labled universal you could have 2 slots set to quad turret fill up those with say a movement booster and well it funny as heck to see a small ship kill a star cruiser and that cruiser never hit once! the offhand aspect is well it becomes uncontrollable lol so i wont be changing that better that people learn how to really use the smaller end of the ships

i plan to edit the star cruiser agaiun it is not showing all its upgrades and i woke up with a madding idea to put a mothership class turret on the carrier after seeing it was possible ahahaha but that baby is going to be why i asked about the axis system i was going to make an 8 turret behamoth then my quad turret feature of my mod would be complete and i can fous on my artillery which semi works by the way just need to work on the sound as i cant find out how to attribute them but one mod did have 3 command lines that could be useful the first gave the cannon firing sound the second when it its your foe and the third is a deflection sound i removed the third as really shields cant stop a matter projectile like a shell shields are more useful against lasers, plasma and the like

PostPosted: Thu 19 Mar, 2015 10:20 am 
Shortbus

Until i can find out why my mod was removed off my computer this mod is basically no longer alive this means i have to rebuild it grrrrrrrrrh i am still going to make it just going to release it with all i had planned