PostPosted: Mon 04 Nov, 2013 9:26 pm 
Hound

Yes, indeed, I concur EvilNinja.

I'm impatiently being patient.

Post subject: Re: 19 ships from GSB [V2]
PostPosted: Sun 15 Dec, 2013 7:04 pm 
Shortbus

How do I get this mod to work?
It's the first mod i actually install. and like. even making a new game doesn't work for me.
existing games show the ships but won't let me use them because the research isn't done.

Help?

PostPosted: Sat 21 Dec, 2013 10:06 am 
Dart

Recaimed wrote:
It's the first mod i actually install. and like. even making a new game doesn't work for me.
existing games show the ships but won't let me use them because the research isn't done.

Help?

Honestly I ain't got no idea what could cause that. Creating a new game should have made them available... Can you post a screenshot?

PostPosted: Sun 09 Feb, 2014 2:46 am 
Shortbus

aerogen wrote:
Recaimed wrote:

Help?

Honestly I ain't got no idea what could cause that. Creating a new game should have made them available... Can you post a screenshot?

I didn't start a new game, and I'm sure that's the solution to the problem, but I'm having the same issue and figured I'd provide you with a screenshot of what the other fella described:
i.imgur.com/z43Kmng.png

Edit: Actually, I just recalled that I couldn't unzip Part2 of the mod file, it'd crash my unzipper because one of the ship PNG files was corrupt or... something like that. Likely the source of the problem.

PostPosted: Wed 19 Feb, 2014 3:32 pm 
Shortbus

Is here a way to merge this mod with the Fight For Universe?

PostPosted: Fri 21 Mar, 2014 9:42 pm 
Shortbus

How do you unlock them? Ive been trying to find out, and am having no luck at all...

PostPosted: Sat 22 Mar, 2014 1:41 am 
Grasshopper

I started a new game but oddly,all ships (ingame and in the hanger screen) appear as blank squares.

PostPosted: Mon 14 Apr, 2014 8:42 pm 
Shortbus

Nice mod, tough missing a few things,
- First, cannot use ships in existing savegame, but weapons & others works.
- Second, why on earth didn't you add info to the "\gameScripts\datablocks\tutorialDatablocks_components.cs" file ??
This just make the mod half working ...
(yes I made my own)
- Last, some of the things you made (like engine or thrusters) are actually useless compared to actual ones ...

But even though, there is nice work done here, just missing things ... like ... incomplete, a real shame :|

PostPosted: Mon 14 Apr, 2014 11:07 pm 
Tug

The first is not a missing thing, but how the game itself works.

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jan, 2015 4:05 pm 
Shortbus

Help! How do I unlock the additional 8 components? I've searched through the whole starmap and no one is selling any of the components.

Additional note: I have all the 19 GSB ships unlocked.

PostPosted: Wed 18 Feb, 2015 8:49 am 
Dart

tantananan wrote:
Help! How do I unlock the additional 8 components? I've searched through the whole starmap and no one is selling any of the components.

Additional note: I have all the 19 GSB ships unlocked.

Their blueprints drop from zombie hives in the final chapter, you better unlock all the rest of the blueprints before you start the final chapter or you will end up getting old tech instead of the new drops.

By the way everyone. I'm going to release a V3 version of this mod SOON™. :D

PostPosted: Thu 02 Apr, 2015 10:37 pm 
Shortbus

So I realize I may be very late asking.. but it can't hurt right? :)

I've found this mod enjoyable, but I've also found http://www.minmax-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3316&sid=85ee4cb783b6142f667023f1704717b4
equally enjoyable, but I do feel that that mod lacks variety in terms of ships, at least compared to this mod.

So, How would I go about combining the two? Is it possible? Would it take modding/coding skill? (I lack both)

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu 02 Apr, 2015 11:20 pm 
Tug

Hm, i'm not 100% certain, but the only things you need are Copy+Paste+edit skills.
Basically finding the .cs files with the ship Hulls, copying the ships into the other mod, finding the .cs files with the ship Designs and doing the same.
Btw, it may not actually work, because there is a 500 dataBlock limit and the Big Fight For Beef nearly passes it, so no idea if it can take another 19 designs :/
Though i'm not sure what you need to do for the enemy to automatically summon them :/ (Only Ctrl+S works, ?maybe?).

PostPosted: Sat 04 Apr, 2015 12:14 pm 
Shortbus

aerogen wrote:
Their blueprints drop from zombie hives in the final chapter, you better unlock all the rest of the blueprints before you start the final chapter or you will end up getting old tech instead of the new drops.

By the way everyone. I'm going to release a V3 version of this mod SOON™. :D

Thank you so much! I'll be getting back to the game now! :D

Edit: Also, I'm excited for V3! yay!

PostPosted: Thu 26 May, 2016 7:29 pm 
Dart

I must say that, after trying this out.. This is extremely super overpowered. Each ship has 3 times more module slots than the core game ships. And all are unlocked at the start so I didn't need to do any work, I just sat there mining REZ for a while, and boom, free super ship that can destroy anything solo. Hell, once I had all the research and everything tech leveled up, I was able to solo every mission site with a single ship, no need for a fleet of any kind. I even solo destroyed the end game boss ship. Without even unlocking the no texture no named modules you added that require level 10 to use because I couldn't find a place to buy or get them.

I have some suggestions however to improve this, and since you're working on a V3, maybe you can do it in that.
I'd say move all of these ships up by one category (small to tiny, etc)
Atlantis, Awazem, Falcon.
Hareeb, Loki.
Abbaddi.
Hasta.
Make them cost 5 times the cost of normal ships. Their current is roughly 2-3 times normal, but they are 5 times more powerful by my rough guess.
For the ones you move, you should remove some mounts as well. I'm working on figuring out a price for their current positions (not their moved ones) but its difficult to figure out at the moment not knowing what the game devs factored their prices to be.

Your ships and modules also don't have stats of any kind in the hover info.
I'd also like to see these ships require data to get, perhaps buying them from Level 65 and up systems only and you require buying 4-8 blueprints of the ship to unlock it.