MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Fri 17 Nov, 2017 6:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: BigFightforBeef (multimod)
PostPosted: Fri 23 Nov, 2012 3:02 am 
Colt

KaTzE06 wrote:
wow thx you 2 for the fast answer, if i user your huge hulls update do i have to make a new game or can i just go on with my latest savegame?

The only crash capable part of the huge hulls update was that 3 sunspot utility mounts were changed to drone mounts. So if you have a sunspot saved design (A,B,or C) or currently used ship, you need to make sure its utilities are unequipped prior to the update.

Other than that you can just continue with your current save game. Just make sure to clear out your old .cs.dso files :) .

Image - " Particle Cannon, Particle Cannon. Doing the things a Particle Cannon... " -

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec, 2012 12:17 am 
Colt

First things first,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!

Threre, I feel better.

When a console.log tells me that Clockwork 01 in line 256 of hull.cs has an error, yet puts ## next to Clockwork 02 in line 257 of designs.cs, and the REAL error is on Clockwork 02 in line 254 of designs.cs, It makes me want to punch a digital puppy. Wasted 2 days of my life trying to figure out why my hulls file was wrong, when I knew it was right, because of an ambiguous missing " ; " that always seems to be the cause of everything lol. Even Notepad++ couldnt figure it out, even when using a comparison plugin to find every single difference between 2 files. (Big Beef Ver worked fine, but the BFFB didnt, yet notepad said they were both exact) . I hate you technology!

That set aside, I managed to spend some much due time gluing BFFB together and getting it updated with some of the changes from the Modkit 2.0 and Big Beef. I also did my first pass (I spent a good hour or so on it, then decided I needed a break ^.^ ) of the new tutorial descriptions for items. My initial changes included somewhat "sciency" wording, and then it got closer to 1 am and I think I started channeling "Red blooded American". So some of them sound like something you would read in an X-Com UFOPEDIA, and others sound like something you would hear in a cheesy action movie. So whichever seems to sound better to folks Ill continue in that path, or both, or neither, depending on how the feedback for those go. Then again, Deathkawa might just burn all the evidence and pretend it never happened and replace it all with his own version later lol.

The download is broken up into 3 parts.

#1 reason is theres a 5 meg limit per file on the forums, and I didnt feel like creating a mediafire account just to upload a one time deal.

#2 reason is that I was not comfortable with the idea of just uploading the files I updated, because Ive made some previous updates before, and since I dont have the ability to update the first page with changes, everything is kinda scattered right now. So I figured it would be best to just include the entire mod at once to make sure people are using all the updated files and bug fixes that are not available with the older versions in the first page.

You just need to copy the contents of each zip (excluding the first folder that says BFFB Part 1,2,3) into your already existent BFFB mod folder (Cant guarantee that itll work right), overriding/merging everything that it say has a duplicate already. Make sure to clear the folder of old cs.dso files so that the changes stick. Best way is to use the script file in the main folder that automatically clears them all.

Or the more safer way is to just create a new BFFB folder and extract all the zip contents (like above) but into the new folder as to not have to worry about overriding files/folders. Just say yes when it asks to merge the folders.

Make sure you do not have 2 BFFB mod folders in the mod dir (old and new) , as they both will show up as BigFightForBeef in the game launcher and it will be impossible to tell which one is the new version.

Changes and Additions in this Version.
Including but not limited to.... (I have a terrible short term memory)

Mothership Linkpoint changes as per Big Beef Mod
-Clockwork now has a LOT more toys to play with at each stage. And BFFB always took those to a higher level afterwords.

Rez Mining Asteroid included with each Clockwork purchase
-As per Big Beef, warping to the Clockwork has a 1/3 chance that a mine-able asteroid will spawn near it, just like your very own Mining Station.

Pickups now in larger quantities and last longer in field: Procrastination Version
-Big Beef included the change that doubled the value of Rez and Data from pickups.
-I included a change in the despawn timers of Rez, Data and Goons so that they all last 5 minutes now, instead of the previous 10 sec - 2 minutes.
-Your thrusters will thank you.

Speaking of Lazy
-For those of you who hate having to dodge explosive wisps or fear of breaking your giant rez rock into dust by accident while trying to mine, this is for you.
-Upped the maxhealth of rez a bit so that its less likely you will blow up your goods before you can even tractor them in. Exploding wisps are gone too, youre welcome.

I heard you like Storage, so I put some Storage in your Storage with a little bit of Storage in it
-For the packrat in each of us, Big Beef raised the supply limit of each Clockwork stage, so that at chapter 4 you have some ridiculous 200k rez amount. Who needs all that rez?!?!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
-Big Beef changed the Tech Points on level up from 3 to 5.
-Now those of us who have to put a point into EVERYTHING, might actually max out 1 or 2 of them. Im looking at you Crew Tech, /shakes fist.

Cant you read the sign. Get off my lawn.
-Made some preliminary tooltip changes to Tractors, Reactors, Point Defense, and Scanners.
-Now with less MLP Graffiti.

I may or may not have forgotten something, and something may eventually cause a turn of events that leads to sour milk. So if there are any bugs or feedback, please let me know.

EDIT:
Things I forgot to mention

-Hull and Crew default capacities for ships was increased 50% to reflect, at least somewhat, the increase to resource acquiring speed and storage caps.
-Made a small change to Crew Weapons so that Kamikaze and Grunt Shuttles would provide twice the amount of "goon size" when attacking ships. Havent tested yet to see if it uses twice the "goon ammo" in retrospect, or if it functions as intended at all.

Attachments:
File comment: BFFB Part 3/3
BFFB Part 3.zip [4.51 MiB]
Downloaded 393 times
File comment: BFFB Part 2/3
BFFB Part 2.zip [2.81 MiB]
Downloaded 384 times
File comment: BFFB Part 1/3
BFFB Part 1.zip [4.84 MiB]
Downloaded 405 times

Image - " Particle Cannon, Particle Cannon. Doing the things a Particle Cannon... " -

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec, 2012 1:14 am 
Colt

Added a zip file for the missing Clockwork Mining Asteroid file that somehow jumped out of the suitcase as I was packing. Comes in both a 100% chance and 30% chance to spawn version.

3 File limit per post or would have included it above.

Attachments:
File comment: Missing Asteroid File 100% and 30%
Clockwork Mining Asteroid.zip [4.08 KiB]
Downloaded 298 times

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec, 2012 5:25 am 
Shortbus

Nice, I downloaded this about a week ago and, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Will I have issues if I use this mod with a previous BFFB (the one from the OP) save?

EDIT: Also, I cannot use one of the 3 launcher spots on the rightmost huge turret spot with the 3 launcher item on the huge IDF ship. The spot is there but, I cannot click it.

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec, 2012 6:54 am 
Colt

akaSM wrote:
Nice, I downloaded this about a week ago and, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Will I have issues if I use this mod with a previous BFFB (the one from the OP) save?

EDIT: Also, I cannot use one of the 3 launcher spots on the rightmost huge turret spot with the 3 launcher item on the huge IDF ship. The spot is there but, I cannot click it.

Just download the 3 files above (plus the asteroid update if you so wish) and use those instead (putting them together like i mentioned in the post). You wont run into any troubles as far as I know as its just updating whats already there.

Although you may run into an issue with the sunspot ship because its utility/drone slots were changed with an update GTX made, which I dont believe is in the front page version. So youll need to make sure that any sunspot ships you are using are removed from your hanger first before updating. Everything else should work fine.

Problems clicking the launcher/shooter slots when using the 3+ slot turrets or fixed turret is a known issue with how the icons and such were created and how much space each ship has in the hanger. The more linkpoints you make available to put components on..and the bigger they are, the harder it is to fit everything in without running into clipping issues. As for right now I havent found a fix for it, but for the most part its not a huge issue as you can 99% of the time still click on the turret or component, it just requires a little "inching" from the outside of the circle towards the edge of what you want to change, and it eventually registers so that you can click on it.

Ill look into a better solution for that down the road. Glad to hear you are enjoying the mod :) Quite a nice accomplishment between several of us modders.

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec, 2012 7:46 am 
Shortbus

Oh, nice, I'll update it then, I cannot wait to shooting stuff IN SPACE. I haven't gotten the sunspot ship yet so, that shouldn't be a problem. As for the slot clicking, I eventually gave up, the slot just won't get selected, still...triple launcher slots...I don't think 1 slot will have a big impact on my ships :V

In case you're curious, it's the leftmost slot within the rightmost huge slot in the big IDF ship.

Thanks again for the mod ^_^

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec, 2012 9:51 am 
Tug

Can you try making the other turrets into single/fixed/non-selected, and make that turret with which you have problems into a triple/penta turret first, choose what you want to equip it with and then the others.
I think that usually fixes that issue.

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec, 2012 11:22 pm 
Shortbus

That's one of the things that I tried but, it seems the clickable areas of the other turrets cover the leftmost part of the triple launcher turret BUT, I can have a triple...efficient...or something, the red one with 3 rectangles works fine. Maybe it has something to do with the way the 3 slots within the turret are arranged. Lineal for the launcher and V shaped for the triple one.

PostPosted: Mon 17 Dec, 2012 7:00 pm 
Shortbus

Payload turrets do not work.

PostPosted: Mon 17 Dec, 2012 10:51 pm 
Colt

dogamusprime wrote:
Payload turrets do not work.

What do you mean by that? Be more specific.

I just booted up the game and put half a dozen different payload turrets on the IDF huge ship, mass bombs, mines, turret deployments, etc. they all fired correctly.

Remember that they only work on large and huge turret spots.

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan, 2013 4:12 am 
Gyro

UPDATE 8: Latest Build

Official Support has been added to the latest update for BFFB and the 3 part update Joe had the liberty of creating
will be added as one file along with a changelog on the first page. (Thank you Joe). There will also be an optional patch for a small
portion of the next update (as is) which will feature a new weapon resembling that of a titan beam for huge ship use.

On a side note: I can no longer commit to the mod, though i may periodically work on it as i see fit. (In other words patches) However nothing is planned as of yet.

The main post will be updated shortly with a new current download, and changelog.

NOTE: All versions will now be referred to as builds, no more builds will be created as a whole, but instead made of patches. I will occasionally work on the mod, and what work i do will be released in the form of a patch, these patches will be installed by simply copy and pasting into your current build. The patches will eventually accumulate, and once they reach a certain amount, they will become the next build. Also note that patches will only work if you have the latest build installed. The reasoning behind all of this is, lately i find little time to work on the mod, and so instead of releasing these huge updates with little time in between each one, i decided that i will do a little work at a time, and that work will accumulate into those "huge update". This way i'm a lot less stressed out, and you guys get content more often. Thank you for your support!

EDIT: Sorry its taking so long guys...fixing some bugs.

EDIT2: While you wait...

EDIT3: Updated!

Build 8

Optional Patch
Just copy and paste patch on current Build and merge all files.

The combination mod of FightforUniverse by WarStalkeR and BigBeef by GTX2GvO

"We'll see how it goes."

*Giant Explosion*

"Damn it, my house is..."

*Another Giant Explosion*

"Its a miracle. Now i can collect on Insurance!"

PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb, 2013 11:17 pm 
Dart

How do I install a mod in SPAZ?

PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb, 2013 11:33 pm 
Dart

darkkenzi wrote:
How do I install a mod in SPAZ?

I found the mod folder but it is not available in the mod-selection part of configuration menu before game starts.
I did unzip before I loaded it in.
Next step please & thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Thu 21 Feb, 2013 10:04 am 
Dart

With the latest version (build 8) if you simply extracted/unzipped it then the actual mod is still inside another folder.
In other words, if you see "BigFightForBeef (8_Final)" in the SPAZ mod folder (as you should, since you unzipped it there), then go inside that folder and you should see another folder, called "BigFightForBeef".
This is the actual mod(folder) that you want to have in your SPAZ mod folder. Just cut and paste it into the SPAZ mod folder and you should be good to go.

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jan, 2014 4:12 pm 
Shortbus

Hi!

Firstly, I wanted to thank the people behind this awesome mod!
Then I wanted to share a bug:

- "Invalid weapon ! MediumHunterLauncher 846200
Invalid weapon ! LargeCannon_Heavy 428617
Invalid weapon ! LargeCannon_Heavy 111908
Invalid weapon ! LargeCannon_Heavy 131702
Invalid weapon ! LargeCannon_Heavy 1817392"

Edit:
-"Invalid weapon ! MediumEmitter_massDriver 479138
Invalid weapon ! VoidEmitter 107025
Invalid weapon ! LargeCannon_Heavy 583190
Invalid weapon ! LargeCannon_Heavy 837652
Invalid weapon ! MediumEmitter_massDriver 420633"

PS: Sorry for my English, it's fully google-translated; I'm french ;)

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb, 2014 1:10 am 
Shortbus

Hey,

After finishing SPAZ, I just couldn't enjoy other games. I was blown away. So I looked for mods. I found this beauty.

Went through it, finished it, and yet, I realized, I never saw any updated beacons. That's my only problem. Everything else works great.

I am using Build 8 with Patch 1 on top. Still no updated beacons. Throughout the campaign, I only see the original beacon.

Can I get some help ? :)

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb, 2014 4:10 pm 
Volley

Which updated beacons are you talking about?

Official SPAZ mod package (v2.0) Cause people cant find links anymore

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb, 2014 6:29 pm 
Shortbus

The warp-in beacons. The 3 tiers of beacons from the Beef mod ?

I can't link yet, but, page 6 on your Beef mod. Those 3 beacons.

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb, 2014 6:47 pm 
Tug

I think the reason is because this mod was stopped/put on-hold since January 2013, and the beacon patch is from January 2014.

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb, 2014 6:49 pm 
Volley

Ah. Those beacons.
Had a hunch you meant them. :D

Bad news for you though.
The last time this particular mod was updated by deathkawa (the author of the multimod) was after the Huge hulls update a good year ago.
The beacon update in BigBeef was done only a few weeks to a month ago.
So those beacons aren't part of this multimod.

Maybe deathkawa will update the multimod again, cause even FFU has updated a few times in the meanwhile.

Official SPAZ mod package (v2.0) Cause people cant find links anymore

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb, 2014 7:20 pm 
Shortbus

Damn it :D

Thanks for your help, I'll keep a keen eye on the forums for any new developments!

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:22 am 
Shortbus

deathkawa i got your mod and patches then grabbed the super carrier and the more hangars mod the combined it but i need help in managing bigger mods such as the star trek mod and arcxera mod elbertainstien mod the meldictus (Unrecognized mod) and pilotable mothership (another unregconized mod sorry for my english i have dyslexia

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jul, 2014 6:35 am 
Shortbus

Heres the file ok?

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jul, 2014 6:29 pm 
Shortbus

I'm posting this across from Fight For Universe thread cause it seems completely dead over there and this problem I'm having with some boosters not working happens with BFfB as well, I really hope someone can help me figure this out. :)

Here's Console.log

http://pastebin.com/h1RjhsS0

The_Haminator wrote:
Reactor Boosters don't do anything for me in this mod. Is this a common problem?

Edit: The only Boosters I found that work in-game are Shield Module, Cannon, Launcher. The ones I know that do not work are - Beam, Reactor, Engine. I don't have the others unlocked and these not working is not ship dependent.

I looked through the Datablocks for obvious differences between the working boosters and nonworking. The only ones that stood out to me were "boost_ComponentSubType". to which I tested by placing the $REACTOR_Reactor; type found in reactordatablocks under ComponentSubType into boost_componentSubType found in boosterModuleDateblocks. I also tried "external"; which I found was in the booster_componoentSubType line for some of the boosters that are currently working for me in-game.

There is nowhere I could find other listed boost_componentSubType values other then the ones in boosterModuleDatablocks

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I wanna continue playing the mod but I don't want to be without half of the boosters working.

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jan, 2015 1:58 pm 
Shortbus

I apologize for my English is not my native language.

I have such a request to the creator of mod: Could you make it so to be able to shoot all turrets while in manual mode?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next