MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Fri 17 Nov, 2017 6:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anachronism Mod (Visual & gameplay mod)
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:24 pm 
Shortbus

| Click to toggle: +
Joe Shmo wrote:
Thats really not an excuse for the behavior. If you were upset, you should have cooled down first and made sure your thoughts and feelings were not being conflicted and altered by your state of mind.

Why do you feel I even need to excuse myself to you of all people - you not only attacked me but continue to do so.
Besides did I actually state anything then my opinion and then actually said ''I could have gone with a softer touch''.
Joe Shmo wrote:
You dont see lawyers throwing their briefcases around the courtroom because they had a bad cup of coffee just prior, or because one of the other lawyers stuck their tongue out at them.

I actually saw that once, though in all fairness the act was flipping the bird. :lol:
Joe Shmo wrote:
Starting a sentence with "If you do pay attention..." is actually pretty insulting. Its also a sign that you believe the person you are talking to is an "idiot" and/or has no idea about what the discussion is about or entails. It would be more acceptable to state in open towards people who have not been part of the information to say that opening statement, but not to those that have already gone past that point. But even then its still a negative remark.

As a mater of fact its actually a plea for you to review my words as you took them in a different light then they were meant, (as a personal attack VS a sign of frustration)
Besides I suppose one looking for an argument could (and as you did - will) take ANY chance to be overly sensitive. Every day people say dozens of things that can be misconstrued in some way. If you want to be snarky, consider each one a personal attack and fight back.
Joe Shmo wrote:
You say "...whether you share that sentiment or not..."

Nope I said:
''Why are bounty hunter ships unbuildable? I happen to like them immensly and whether you share that sentiment or not its still utter BS to restrict player choice like that.''
Two different statements, one saying I like how they look the other stating my dislike for their removing as a valid player choice. (without any warning in the readme I might add, though on the other hand he did say he wished to reintroduce them at a future point so great)
Joe Shmo wrote:
The mod creator could easily say "I happen to like them immensely, and whether you share that sentiment or not its still utter BS to restrict mod creator choice like that."

Yeah he(she?) could and still can, and I would respect them for that.
Why you feel the need to act out the web sherif routine is really beyond me.
First you call me a hatemonger, then you accuse me of insulting ''everyone and their mother''..
Whats next - I won't take your abuse so I'm uhm racist? Hey maybe a homophobe!(thats always a popular one :lol: )
Joe Shmo wrote:
Again, insulting the mod creators creative choice and design, and i wouldnt say its too far fetched to say you just insulted their intelligence as well, especially with the ' "special" boats ' part.

Sorry what? S P E C I A L B O A T S - they are special due to them being almost as strong as a small station and
AI exclusive.
Its not really balanced now is it?(I'm not even sure how to react on this point, why are you trying to provoke a fight?)
Joe Shmo wrote:
-".. WTF?!"
This doesnt even need to be there, its not constructive, and its only point is to show that you "popped your cork" .

WTF = What To Fix
What did you think it meant? :)
(and pointing out to a possible imbalance is atleast a tiny bit constructive)
Joe Shmo wrote:
There is nothing inherently wrong with "masochism" in a game or in a person. In fact, it is a major business practice in MMOs. Its a type of personality, you dont agree with it, but its your opinion and should not be used as an insult.

Really which MMO promotes masochism? World of Pimps? BDSM online? :P
You actually scare me there for a moment..
Joe Shmo wrote:
The added use of "retarded" has no positive place in that sentence, so again, insulting the mod creator.

Really you saw me calling a person "retarded"? Let me spell this clearly enough (just incase not to insult you or your dear mother OR to call either of you stupid)
I feel the balance is off, it needs to be adjusted, current strategies are invalid and the exclusive ships need to be toned down.
(I also like pretty colours)
Joe Shmo wrote:
"Wasting an hour or two of my life." "I honestly hope you plan to remedy these "bugs" ' "Could be a vast improvement over the vanilla." All negative remarks, and the last one is confusing and contradictory, because you state all these negative things about the mod and its creator and then state that the mod has the potential to be "vastly" improving on the vanilla version. How can it have "vast improvement" potential if you dislike the mod so much to go on a rant?

Wow you're really going out of your way here trying to showcase yourself as a champion versus the evil old me,
calling that this mod could be (with more refining) a vast improvement over a game I love is a negative? :lol:
"I honestly hope you plan to remedy these "bugs" Thats negative for you?
"Wasting an hour or two of my life." Well you already admited to approving of BDSM so I guess you like getting your ass handed down to you by a overpowered enemy, right? :roll:
Joe Shmo wrote:
Again, you start off with a negative remark without even knowing what the person you are talking to have done or not done. Its the same thing as "If you do pay attention" only you preemptively go on the attack because you anticipate the person to respond in a manner you dont agree with. The mod creator hasnt even had a chance to respond to what you said, and you already are starting up a second and defensive argument with them about something they havent even said yet.

Ok seriously now are you his council or his PR or you just have a crush on him?
There is a difference between ''going on attack'' and pointing out that its not a particular zone/gameplay/level issue but a reccurant ''issue'' of sorts.
Joe Shmo wrote:
But again, the use of "BS" and "backwater" doesnt really show that you are trying to be constructive, only using hurtful or derogatory words to express your anger.

Really? Using backwater or fringeworld or whatever to describe a low SEC fictional planet is derogatory?
(better sue George Lucas for being ''hate-mongering'' then! :lol: )
Don't judge acronyms unless you know what they mean BS = Bull Stuff not Bull £$"%, but then again you not taking offence or taking words out of their context would be like me drawing breath without insulting you or that dear old mum of yours. ;)
Joe Shmo wrote:
Its easy for me to understand the difference between "being pissed at something in 2AM" and "being a douche in general" ,

I'm sure its very easy for you to understand "being a douche in general" so I'll not risk insulting you by further explaining
Joe Shmo wrote:
But then you show the same attitude, disrespect, and arrogance about your behavior in your second post. Youve set a pattern/precedence with your 2 highly similar posts. As such its gone away from "2AM" and into "in general" .

Yeah they are similar - both in english and both stating my opinion that this could use a ''touch up''.
Joe Shmo wrote:
Your talk about the gemini is opinionated, and in no way is "under ANY circumstances" a profound truth or proof of concept. Youre just being angry and you dislike that part of the game, and thats within your right, but youre being irrational with going about its feedback.

Yeah like calling someone irrational, hatemongering, insulting, douche, and so forth when they state their oppinion..
Oh wait thats just you.
Joe Shmo wrote:
(semi)literate indeed.

Really? Up to this point I actually thought your motive was coming from misguided defence of this mod but you really shown how (insecure if nothing else) you truly are.
Joe Shmo wrote:
What you quoted was called a metaphor. I also never labeled you as anything, I only pointed out what I did in my response. No more, no less.

Nope what you did, and are still trying to do is
A: Provoke me
B: Provoke others so they support your BS (again acronyms can be alot of things)
C: Deal with some unrelated issues (maybe those bondage urges or ''perhaps the mother thing'' :lol: )
Joe Shmo wrote:
So again, you're free to have your own opinion, just like everyone in the world. Just be respectful of others opinions, and if you want to give feed back, please do it when you arnt angry. And try to be mindful of being too arrogant, it doesnt work out for any of us.

Wow really? You're advocating the use of ''mindful of being too arrogant''.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually thank you for this read, gave me the best laugh whole week,
now please stop trying to provoke a fight (as there is no reason for it) and be assured if I considered this particular mod to be bad I would have deleted it with a silent curse and forgot it even existed.
The fact I'm here, and how addmitedly strongly I (over)reacted should be interpeded as how much I hope this mod will shine in the future. (as it has great basics)
So get off your high horse, get off my case and kindly chill out. Ok buddy?

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:45 pm 
Gopher

Guys, let it rest. This is not the thread for debates about etiquette.

I'll look into the crazy spawning issue, but other than that, both your points have been made.

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:56 pm 
Colt

You really love to take things out of context dont you? lol

My only direct "attack" to you was the first time i quoted you pointing out how angry you were, and how thats not a proper way of communicating feedback.

Everything after that was me responding to your personal "attack" on me, and pointing out the parts of what you said that were actually insulting that you said were not there. Which continued your anger posting, and by the looks of your third post...just continues along a path of high school insults and thinking that you won a fight by being the more angry person in the fight.

You like repeating "hate-mongering" over and over, trying to pin a lot i say as such, yet i dont think you realize you are doing just that, hate-mongering. Its sad too, because i only said the phrase once, along with the "and their mother" comment in a context sensitive metaphor, and you repeat it over and over again like you caught me in some sort of scandal. The fact you turned masochism into a very derogatory word to use against me, again over and over, is just another point that you have nothing concise to say.

I realize that you feel defensive over me calling you out on your posts, and the false statements you say in them, and the only way you can respond is in a hostile manner. Making "witty" jokes out of words or phrases i have said to use against me doesnt make your statements any more valid, it just means you have an immature mind. Like high school kids that say "your mom" all the time, believing its the ultimate ending to a conflict, or commenting on someones clothes or what job their father has. It just shows that you have a poor argument, and so you resort to putting the other person down as a last resort.

Just because someone points out a bully, doesnt mean they are trying to be the police. And most of the time, if someone is trying to take you doing the right thing as being a bad person, its because they are the ones that feel caught. Or maybe they just want to feel validated for having such a negative outlook on life.

You can go on and continue to take my posts out of context, chop them up, and make more "witty" comments as though you are reading from a philosophy textbook. Ive already said what i intended to say with my first and second post regarding what youve said. I dont believe there will be a point where we can ever have an actual conversation over it, so ill just leave it be.

Hopefully youll enjoy the mod more as it gets worked on, and hopefully stone continues to get good feedback and improve upon the mod in a way that he enjoys.

Edit: Oops, Stone chimed in as i was typing this out. Yea i agree, its not the place for further discussion over it, its very much off-topic now.

Image - " Particle Cannon, Particle Cannon. Doing the things a Particle Cannon... " -

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2012 11:16 pm 
Shortbus

Stonechimes wrote:
Guys, let it rest. This is not the thread for debates about etiquette.

I'll look into the crazy spawning issue, but other than that, both your points have been made.

Thanks, and on a side note you took my comment with more grace then I might have in your place so good luck with your project - I'm sure its going places.

@Joe Shmo
Look mate, I could goad you onto infinity to provide me with cheap laughs but honestly this whole routine of yours is not about me or this mod, its about you trying to grab attention on a mods forum while providing zero contribution apart from running your loud mouth.
Best of luck to you too,
(and your lovely mum ofcourse :lol:)
and do remember - if you try to stand out as the smart guy in a group more often then not you're going be remebered as the smartass guy in a group.
PS Sending ''rude'' comments over pm is really funny. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jul, 2012 10:34 pm 
Gopher

Well whaddaya know, there was indeed a problem with Gemini spawning. And it only happens with mid-level UTA stations in Offensive-oriented systems. Probably a script that says "spawn two of the first design in the Colt design database"... that's why it always spawned in pairs.

I think I fixed it.

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jul, 2012 10:03 am 
Gopher

And now, it's time for a proper update.

What's new in 0.06? Download Link
-Small mass bombs are now available
-Medium drone launchers are now (properly) available

-Coleopt has been added to the regular spawn and is pilotable (it's a small drone launcher!). This is the last of the ships that were in the game files but never got enabled in the full release (it was supposed to be the original deployable drone launcher).
-Left hook is once again pilotable
-Raven is once again pilotable
-Mammoth is once again pilotable
-the scout and left hook now have small bomber hardpoints -these can't use mines or deployeable turrets though (except the collector turret)

Image (now that's just ridiculous)

-Microlite and basic missiles have had their speed reduced by 15% and their damage slightly reduced
-Shiv now does about 33% more damage

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul, 2012 4:30 pm 
Ranger

your mod has provoked my weirdest dream ever last night... it had to do with a turtlehead, for some reason.

-kay, may i point out, the drone bay on the bacon (misspelling intended ;) ) is on top of the tractor beam, the tier 1 bacon, havent got past chapter 2 yet.
uhm, the arena challenges are massively OP, in one you are a saucer with only cannons against a saucer with a single beam and a bunch of shortbusses. they whopped my ass.

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jul, 2012 12:48 pm 
Gopher

That's gotta be the strangest dream ever. Moreso if it was a wet dream (Turtleheads... giggity).

Also, I definitely can't go and rebalance all the arena events.

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jul, 2012 7:04 pm 
Ranger

it wasnt a wet dream :x
it was very long, had to do with my parents being terrorists, these bugs that turned into super strong inflatable humans and me grabbing the ship out of my computer to fix it.

-* back to reality *-

lol, well, i went to edit the motherships (add deployable turret mounts, and a mining laser to them) but your files are still in .dso format. you told me to "reformat them" earlier, and when i asked how, you didnt reply.

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jul, 2012 8:45 pm 
Colt

Mod files should be in .cs format, not .cs.dso format , to follow the dev guidelines for modding and to promote an open air atmosphere for the community.

Image - " Particle Cannon, Particle Cannon. Doing the things a Particle Cannon... " -

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jul, 2012 9:36 pm 
Ranger

i know, i pointed that out a month or two ago, and he told me to reformat it. finally! someone else agrees.

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul, 2012 2:48 am 
Gopher

Flypaste wrote:
i know, i pointed that out a month or two ago, and he told me to reformat it. finally! someone else agrees.

The last time you asked, I told you that I did it for you already. The files should be in perfectly readable torquescript, although lacking in comments.

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul, 2012 3:56 pm 
Ranger

im trying to open the mothership hulls datablock, and soon after the designs datablock.
here ya go, a screenshot:
this is from latest download.

Attachments:
datablocks messup.png [342.2 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:32 pm 
Gopher

That's pretty weird. Here's how it looks like when I open it. It also looks the same when I open it with Notepad++.

PostPosted: Sat 04 Aug, 2012 1:08 am 
Ranger

thanks guy abov e i alrady forgot your name! it worked for me ;)

PostPosted: Sat 04 Aug, 2012 10:57 pm 
Ranger

i got it working, i geuss, but clockwork01 or whatever its called refuses to accept drone launchers. is this my fault, or has it always been like this? i have never noticed it before.

PostPosted: Mon 06 Aug, 2012 10:20 pm 
Gopher

Flypaste wrote:
i got it working, i geuss, but clockwork01 or whatever its called refuses to accept drone launchers. is this my fault, or has it always been like this? i have never noticed it before.
Well, only a couple of things come to mind. Drone launchers only go into drone slots and won't work in any other slots. The other thing is that there's so many versions of the clockwork that the one you're seeing ingame might not be the one you edited.

PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 4:47 am 
Ranger

i sorta figured it out, forgot to edit my post. i had got link points fudged up, forgot some semicolens, had 12 set as 13 and vice versa and general failures, but whenever i tried to put a large batttle station ino a large bomber slot on the mothership, it tells me its an invalid weapon and crashes, i copied the name over form the helix. is there a special name i have to be using?

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 10:44 pm 
Gopher

Well, no. Probably some other error. You could post that section of the code... else it's hard to know whats the problem.

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 10:55 pm 
Ranger

thx, here you go:

hulls.cs:
externalLinkType12 = $LINK_Universal;
hullTurretSize11 = $SLOT_MEDIUM;
externakLinkType13 = $LINK_Bomber;
externakLinkSize13 = $SLOT_LARGE;
externalLinkType12 = $LINK_Drones;
externalLinkSize12 = $SLOT_MEDIUM;
externalLinkMountRotation13 = -45;

designs:
externalLink13 = "DeployableTurretLauncher_Basic_L";
turretLink11 = "MediumTurret";
turretWeaponLink11_1 = "MediumCannon_Pulse";
externalLink12 = "HiveLauncher_Zapper";

PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug, 2012 6:56 am 
Gopher

Oh, you misspelled externalLinkType13 as externakLinkType13

PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug, 2012 3:08 pm 
Ranger

oops, should fix that xD
thanks guys! :)

PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug, 2012 3:33 pm 
Shortbus

I have an error where it sayes:

Invalid Weapon! SmallEmitter_Melee 104697

It happens in a defensive system lvl 15 when i want to go to an lvl 19 warpgate wich is a colony and has a headhunterbase in it, and it happens EVERY time i go there.

Idk if any of that is necessary but better too much then too less information yes?
Oh and sidenote the galaxy is called "Virgins Rift" wich makes this incredibly ironic doesn't it?

PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug, 2012 4:17 pm 
Ranger

they are bounty hunters, not headhunters.
and its an issue with the SHIV, i'm assuming.

PostPosted: Tue 14 Aug, 2012 5:50 am 
Gopher

lol, I think I fixed that one sometime ago but never uploaded it. Anyway, with this new version there should be no more crashes due to bad ship designs in the database. Also added a better mining beam. Get here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next