MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Fri 17 Nov, 2017 6:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Anachronism Mod (Visual & gameplay mod)
PostPosted: Tue 14 Aug, 2012 12:50 pm 
Shortbus

Sorry didn't help getting the same error still only the number changed to 105205.
But thanks for the upload anyway. Do i have to start a new game because the file is corrupted or something?

PostPosted: Tue 14 Aug, 2012 11:16 pm 
Gopher

Ahh, found it (fixed version). My swanky new error-checking code failed me.

No, your save file should be good to go.

PostPosted: Wed 15 Aug, 2012 7:37 am 
Shortbus

Now it's 140791
Have the savegame here if it helps. It's right next to where the bug happens just try to get to the lvl 19 warpgate.
Attachment:
b_save.rar [91.73 KiB]
Downloaded 119 times

I have no idea if my uploading worked and i also don't know how to make it a clickable text

(edit)
Ignore this i have completely removed the folder and then replaced it afterwards with the new one instead of copying it over the old one and now it works.
Thanks for your hotfix ^^

PostPosted: Thu 16 Aug, 2012 6:36 am 
Colt

For future inquiry zilla, in case you run into that sort of issue again with updating just 1 or so files at a time.

Your issue was probably that you were not deleting the .cs.dso file that accompanies the modded .cs file. The engine creates .cs.dso files from the modded .cs files and uses the dso file in game. If there is already a dso file present, it uses that one instead of making a brand new one each time the game loads up to save time. You were probably correctly replacing the old .cs file with the new one, but because the .cs.dso of that file was still present, the game was using the old data, hence you were still getting errors that were fixed. When you just deleted the old mod folder and used the new one...your old dso files were not present so the game just created new ones and all was well. Its always good practice to manually delete any .cs.dso versions of files you change, or use the script file at the beginning of the mod folder to automatically clean up all the .cs.dso files in the mod for you.

If that wasnt the case , pay no need to the semi elongated paragraph i wrote, but just keep it as a reminder ;) .

Image - " Particle Cannon, Particle Cannon. Doing the things a Particle Cannon... " -

PostPosted: Thu 16 Aug, 2012 5:13 pm 
Shortbus

Yes that seems to have been the problem, thanks for explaining how that stuff works.

And now for some critique on the mod:
I think the flora needs rework on design because if i use a bomber module on the upper right large sized spots then i can not access the support mod spot of it. I really don't know if resizing those to a bit smaller iconsize would help or be possible as for i have no idear of how to mod this game.
If this is to balance the flora i think its kinda weird but probably an easy solution.

And the second ship i think that needs rework is the colepot because it is kinda expensive for just the dronebay. I mean im not in the lategame right now but it is slow and not tanky so it ends up just exploding all the time while doing not as much damage to anything then other ships do.
I tried cloaking it but it just always gets hit by stray bullets and then it dies even faster then before because it has no shield.

I really love your "skillshot mod" and your shipdesigns but i think a little critique is always good right?

(edit)
Invalid Weapon! SmallLauncher_GRAV 2526514 at a level 58 warpgate in an offensive system.

PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug, 2012 4:44 am 
Gopher

Thanks, I corrected the error for now. I'll do something about the other things later.

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2012 2:50 pm 
Dart

It should be good if the bug with the "huge Foregun H" and "Huge Missile Rack" were fixed... Because for the first one a slot is not visible and the second one you don't see the large missile...

Or, if someone know how to fixe that I ça ndo it myself.

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2012 3:15 pm 
Dart

I don't know if the main mod file to download (first post) is hup to date as I saw some file on different post.
So I fixed it myself...
There were a lot of error in the numbers :

turretLinkType1 = $LINK_Launcher;
turretLinkSize1 = $SLOT_MEDIUM;
turretLinkHomeRotation1 = "0";
turretLinkType2 = $LINK_Launcher;
turretLinkSize2 = $SLOT_LARGE;
turretLinkHomeRotation2 = "0";
turretLinkType3 = $LINK_Launcher;
turretLinkSize3 = $SLOT_MEDIUM;
turretLinkHomeRotation3 = "0";
turretLinkType4 = $LINK_Utility;
turretLinkSize4 = $SLOT_LARGE;
turretLinkHomeRotation4 = "0";

The 1 2 3 4 was something like 1 2 1 1... >_>

And for the Foregun :

turretLinkPoints = "1 2 3";
turretLinkType1 = $LINK_Shooter;
turretLinkSize1 = $SLOT_HUGE;
turretLinkHomeRotation1 = "0";
turretLinkType2 = $LINK_Shooter;
turretLinkSize2 = $SLOT_LARGE;
turretLinkHomeRotation2 = "1";
turretLinkType3 = $LINK_Shooter;
turretLinkSize3 = $SLOT_LARGE;

A Link Points was missing.

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 3:07 pm 
Gopher

Huh, interesting that you managed to get so far into the game. I'm still quite far away from endgame in my own playthrough, so any changes to the largest ships and weapons are really quite untested :)

Maybe I'll try to fix some things later, but quite frankly the interest in this game is very lacking.

Post subject: Help with my request please
PostPosted: Sat 19 Jan, 2013 2:01 pm 
Shortbus

OFF: Sorry for offtopic but modding request forum seems to be quite dead. If any of you have some time could you please check my request ?
http://www.spacepiratesandzombies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3616

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep, 2015 8:36 pm 
Shortbus

I know this is reviving a very very dead thread, but does anyone know if all the textures were finished for every Pirate ship? If they're only half done I won't bother getting it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5