MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Fri 22 Sep, 2017 9:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: BigBeef
PostPosted: Tue 25 Feb, 2014 11:42 pm 
Volley

That's a hardcoded issue.
There's no way I can change that.

Unless I would remove the Large tripple turret from the game.
Which would then make the Large Quad turret look silly.
And I can't only add a Huge quad turret, because it's that hardcoded issue mentioned above which was the dev's solution to a huge only tripple turret.

Official SPAZ mod package (v2.0) Cause people cant find links anymore

PostPosted: Wed 26 Feb, 2014 12:09 am 
Shortbus

I don't mind it being there. Just thought you should know.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:38 pm 
Shortbus

Belay my last, reading through I found that the max linkpoints have been reached for the motherships. From context I assume this means you cannot add any more weapons to them. Unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:33 pm 
Shortbus

Query, does this mod already allow normal ship beams to mine Rez asteroids?

PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:36 pm 
Volley

That is correct.
The biggest two motherships cannot contain any more goodies, then they currently got from me.

And seeing the linkpoint thing is something the devs can't/won't fix, because it's just to hard to fix.
We shouldn't expect it to be fixed anytime soon.

Which is making me think of good ways to beef up the stations even harder.

About the mining of rez.
ONLY the huge mining beam can mine rez from the big asteroid.
I have not made any changes to how weapons work within BigBeef.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:19 pm 
Shortbus

Sounds great, thanks for the rapid reply, I wasn't sure how active things still were. I'll be downloading these mods momentarily, this and your quad turret mod, not sure why it isn't a part of this mod already, it looks insanely sexy.

Couple suggestions on beefing up the stations, by which I assume you mean the UTA/CIV/ZOM Starbases- In vanilla gameplay Fusion Beams can carve up most star bases stupid fast, SO if you equipped most Starbases with some Fusion Beams, Beam Boosters, Shield Boosters and Leech emitters, with your Quad Turret mod, I think they would stand more of a fighting chance. Give them the Gravity Missiles as well to prevent escaping those terror beams, and you have a freaking nasty starbase.Have not yet run your mod but I'm getting excited to.

Not sure if you can edit the station equipment or not, but adding an Overcharge Reactor, Heavy armor, and Fortress Shield would also be a solid plan, (if that's not what they already have) since they don't move around.

If possible doubling the fleet of ships they spit would be a solid plan as well, that way you HAVE to break off assaulting the base to deal with defensive forces, then resume until the next spit. That OR having them launch bigger ships. Or both. I know in my play-throughs I played hell getting the Mammoth unlocked, it never seems to get spit by the Bounty Hunter bases. Had to keep finding massive 3 way conflicts in bounty hunter space to finally unlock it, and lots of them.

All of this is assuming you were talking about beefing up the opposing bases as well as the CH4 bases. But those are my thoughts.

Thank you for the wonderful looking mod, can't wait to play it. If I come up with any other suggestions I'll pose them after a play a bit.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:29 pm 
Volley

Eranderil wrote:
Sounds great, thanks for the rapid reply, I wasn't sure how active things still were. I'll be downloading these mods momentarily, this and your quad turret mod, not sure why it isn't a part of this mod already, it looks insanely sexy.

Quad turret mod IS part of BigBeef. (for quite a while now)

Also the Master Dredgebase is included in BigBeef.
Although that station can only be called upon from the ctrl+s ship spawning menu.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:33 pm 
Shortbus

See, this is why I need to play this mod already. I was right about to install Quad Turret mod, then BigBeef. Thanks for the heads up. No offence was intended.

You may want to add that those mods are included in the OP (of all 3) for those looking to DL these mods. I was debating on Master Dredge Base as well, but decided just BigBeef and Quad Turret would do me.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:47 pm 
Volley

You can only run 1 mod at a time. :?
And I've added the Quad turret and master dredgebase mods around june 2012 to bigbeef.
Heck. For me that's still on page one. :D

PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:53 pm 
Shortbus

Hm that is interesting, first time modding SPAZ so I suppose that could be an easy bit to miss. I'm more used to modding games like Minecraft or TES Oblivion. I was quite pleased with the simplicity of modding SPAZ. Now I can see the cost of that simplicity. I wonder if there are any ways to change that.

PostPosted: Wed 12 Mar, 2014 12:02 am 
Volley

The only way to have more then 1 mod at a time is to MANUALLY merge them.

Now to merge something like a quad turret and a master dredge base mod into BigBeef is rather "Easy peasy".
However. When you start looking at bigger, more self sustained mods it slowly/quickly becomes a huge headache.

Just look through the BigFightforBeef (multimod) thread.
As this is a rather well done attempt to merge BigBeef with Fight For Universe. (although the mergemod hasn't been updated in a good year)

PostPosted: Wed 12 Mar, 2014 1:37 am 
Shortbus

Let me say that I already love this mod. I've wanted more/bigger ships for a long time, and this mod gives exactly that.
Things I've noticed that I personally would adjust:

You seem to be toying with the idea of adding layered progression to the number of hangers, and I say go for it. The story text could use a bit of an update along with that.

Station upgrades you have mentioned and I am excited to see.

If that annoying issue with the UI/ABC configuration hanger accessibility could be sorted, that would be wonderful. Found the mentioned workaround but it is not the easiest thing.

Ran a level 29 gate at level 13 just now. If there is a way to increase the gate guards that may be a good idea, that is if you are looking to balance. I am only playing on normal so that could have an impact.

Love that I gain 5 points for each level. Am feeling quite invincible at this point. I've even run over a handful of Starbases.

That wraps up my thoughts on what you could change if you liked. Beautiful mod though. Instant favorite, if I even consider playing any others.

Out of curiosity, do you have plans to extend into a post endgame? Or any idea if that would even be possible? With this mod getting even harder out past the end of the game does seem feasible.

PostPosted: Wed 12 Mar, 2014 4:38 pm 
Tug

Unfortunetly, SPAZ has massive limitations on modding (due to the game engine itself, i think), so a lot of things are very hard/impossible to do (UI/ABC buttons, equipment buttons (look FFU ships), datablock limit (about 500 or so, FFU has reached it, so some things were sacrificed, like how many different enemy ship designs there are (used to be 12 per ship, i think)), link point limit (you can only have 30 linkpoints (engine animation, turrets, weapons, everything, except armor, reactor, engine and shield)), equipment per tech level (you can only unlock 1 equipment with each tech level), size of equipment list (you can't look at the whole list in FFU), hangar ship UI size (if you put a big enough ship, you won't be able to change some things, because they will be off-screen/hangar UI), sounds playing simultaniously (the limit was 15 or 25, i think)), i might have missed some stuff.

But, SPAZ 2 is in the works, and there is even a pre-alpha combat trailer :)

PostPosted: Mon 19 May, 2014 4:48 pm 
Shortbus

sorry for bad english
why you upload it for winrar? i cant copy the files to an normal binder :(
why all of the turrets dont shoot? is that normal?

sorry for bad englisch - im a german guy
sorry wegen meinem schlechten englisch - bin nich der beste darin

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jul, 2014 7:00 pm 
Shortbus

Had to register just to post a thanks for this. This is beautiful.

Just one recommendation - your first post could use a general description of everything that's in the mod. You really have no idea how awesome this is without reading all 7 pages.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7