MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Thu 21 Sep, 2017 4:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: More Hangars
PostPosted: Thu 03 May, 2012 9:36 pm 
Turtle head

This mod adds more and larger hangars to the three main versions of the mothership. There is still a progression in hangars as you unlock them.

Clockwork (fully repaired) now has:
1 Large
1 Medium
2 Small
2 Tiny

Clockwork E now has:
1 Huge
2 Large
2 Medium
2 Small

Clockwork II now has:
2 Huge
3 Large
3 Medium

----

How-to: Unzip to the Mods folder under your SPAZ install directory and then select More Hangars from the mod drop-down box in SPAZ's launcher.

Attachments:
More Hangars.zip [2.02 KiB]
Downloaded 14699 times

Last edited by Kloreep on Thu 03 May, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: More Hangars
PostPosted: Thu 03 May, 2012 9:39 pm 
Developer

Please note: A CPU with cores 3+ ghz is probably very wise with this one :)

Nice mod though. Thanks for adding it. I am sure it will be popular.

PostPosted: Fri 04 May, 2012 8:02 am 
Gyro

I like this mod myself, Its neat having 6 ships when you first start the game, makes expert a tad easier at the start due to more damage ability.

PostPosted: Fri 04 May, 2012 8:59 am 
Dart

Does this mean that enemies will deploy an equal amount of ships as well ?

I guess this also means you need to have a careful management of resources and crew too. Regardless I'm going to enjoy shredding my enemies with hail of missile and cannon fire. HAHAHA

PostPosted: Fri 04 May, 2012 10:36 am 
Turtle head

Recon-Unit wrote:
Does this mean that enemies will deploy an equal amount of ships as well ?

Unfortunately, no. Would love to do that but I don't think that sort of thing has been exposed to modding in 1.600.

Recon-Unit wrote:
I guess this also means you need to have a careful management of resources and crew too.

Good point, I should probably look into bumping up the max storage too to make so many hangars easier to deal with. Depending on where that's set it might be modable, though I don't remember happening across it.

While more max storage would be good, I'm thinking I wouldn't want to tinker with overall drop rates - even if I could, and I don't think rez or goon drops are moddable at all right now.

PostPosted: Fri 04 May, 2012 8:12 pm 
Dart

Pretty neat mod. But it kinda makes the game too easy :/

PostPosted: Fri 04 May, 2012 9:40 pm 
Hound

Actually Blorfy, I'm running on a quad 2.0ghz w/ overclock to 2.8 (belive automatic) and I have my 8 ship mod working without a hitch.

PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2012 4:32 am 
Hound

Try my mod Ninja... I'm modifying not just the hangars but how the entire game plays.

PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2012 4:41 am 
Shortbus

only one huge issue i have with this mod

i can no longer click the A,B,C buttons to swap between preset ship builds due to the top most ship been in the way of the buttons and clicking the location of the a,b,c buttons just selects the top most ship

Attachments:
2012-05-05_00001.jpg [219.87 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2012 6:09 am 
Hound

Perhaps if Blorfy could tell us who to move that hitbox say to left where there is no ship option below it would fix the problem. How to do so? Beats me.

PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2012 5:17 pm 
Developer

I will be looking at a moddable change for this next patch.

Sorry about that.

PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2012 6:54 pm 
Dart

i realy like the looks of this mod but i dont now how to install it :(

is it because i have the game on steam cause i realy want this mod :(

PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2012 7:03 pm 
Volley

civtac wrote:

Go to "\%Steaminstaldir%\steamapps\common\space pirates and zombies\mods\"

Unpack the mod there.
It should create a new folder with a name representing the mod in question.

Official SPAZ mod package (v2.0) Cause people cant find links anymore

PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2012 7:12 pm 
Dart

GTX2GvO wrote:
civtac wrote:

Go to "\%Steaminstaldir%\steamapps\common\space pirates and zombies\mods\"

Unpack the mod there.
It should create a new folder with a name representing the mod in question.

THANKS! i looked trough those files but i must have missed it (whoops!)

PostPosted: Mon 07 May, 2012 7:56 am 
Colt

I believe the ABC issue is more of a UI scaling issue than anything, but could definitely benefit from being able to mod UI elements and move them around.

Im currently playing on 1680x1050 and the ABC buttons are easily clickable, so long as i hover the mouse over the top half of the buttons...where the mouse wont touch the top hanger box. This will more than likely be different for folks with smaller resolutions, where i can see the hangers being squished together more.

Also, since it hasnt been brought up in a while, and since its starting to become more and more relevant; Id like to propose some "vanilla" game improvements to the UI...so that most of the monitor screen will be used up...rather than there being a giant void like in the picture i uploaded.

I understand that the UI "scales" in most regards, but the hanger definitely feels like it was left out of the scaling department since all its doing is adding more "space" around the actual UI box...to make it fit your resolution, rather than having the UI scale itself, like the battle, tactical, etc UI scales. I think its going to become more and more of an issue as people look to mod the game and add things, but really it would just make the "vanilla" game look and feel a lot better aesthetically.

Attachments:
File comment: 1680x1050 UI Scaling
2012-05-07_00001.jpg [203.09 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Image - " Particle Cannon, Particle Cannon. Doing the things a Particle Cannon... " -

PostPosted: Mon 07 May, 2012 1:30 pm 
Shortbus

Joe Shmo wrote:
I believe the ABC issue is more of a UI scaling issue than anything, but could definitely benefit from being able to mod UI elements and move them around.

Im currently playing on 1680x1050 and the ABC buttons are easily clickable, so long as i hover the mouse over the top half of the buttons...where the mouse wont touch the top hanger box. This will more than likely be different for folks with smaller resolutions, where i can see the hangers being squished together more.

Wait until you get another hangar. Then you will face the same issue

PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2012 12:05 am 
Colt

Glisern wrote:
Joe Shmo wrote:

Wait until you get another hangar. Then you will face the same issue

Yes, I understand that, but my point was that its not that the mod itself (adding hangers) that was causing a problem with the ABC..and that the first solution would be to add in a movable ABC UI element to fix it...but rather its because of how the UI/Res scaling works...thats causing the problem foremost.

3 Solutions come to mind:

1. making the UI/Res scaling be appropriate to the resolution used...rather than add black borders like in a movie and/or stretch it to fit the screen. The game rather plays like its running at 12xx by 7xx , and just runs in "windowed" mode in some parts of the game to simulate higher resolutions via black bars...or "Outer-space background" . The other parts feel like its being stretched across the screen to fill the monitor, like watching a 480p movie in full screen on a 1080p screen. This is not entirely accurate to how the game actually runs, but is how the game perceives itself with how it scales in different ways depending on which aspect of the game you are looking at (Gameplay, Hanger, Etc.) . This is kind of the first thing that should be taken into consideration when developing UI elements, as it sets a precedent with how the game is viewed aesthetically, and how much can be added and viewed at once with the given real-estate. Even if you can mod the scaling of the UI elements themselves...to make them smaller, the resolution and size of the entire UI stays at the same size. You can make the seats, steering wheel, dashboard, etc all smaller in a VW to make the car feel bigger inside and have more room...but its still a small VW. I understand that the devs had stated that the resolution/scaling of the UI was troublesome back when it was first discussed (before the big 25xx res experiment patch) , but its still something that should be looked into, as its one of the biggest things that will go towards making all the UI modding more fleshed out and workable, as well as give players a more synergistic aesthetic with their resolution sizes. Or for a better word, to let players utilize the bigger resolutions on their monitors with bigger in game real-estate like a lot of games provide. Sort of like going from 60 FOV to 90+ FOV in games.

2. Make the ABC...and eventually all UI elements movable. This is the most straightforward way of temp fixing the issue...as well as adding the eventual possibility to edit all of the UI elements.

3. Create scrolling windows/frames/tiles/whathaveyou. You can scroll through your save/load files in game....why not add the function to the ship hangers. This will double as a fix for the inevitable "My new ship sizes mod doesnt work because theres no room!" problem, when people start making a lot more custom ship designs and run into the exact same issue as we are now with the hangers. It would be a great general modding improvement for all of the game UI, being able to label elements as a scrolling window/frame/etc. instead of just a static part of the UI. That saves on screen real-estate 100 fold.

Anyway, im derailing the thread. @OP , thanks for the mod :) , and thanks for making it progress with the clockwork upgrades :) .

Image - " Particle Cannon, Particle Cannon. Doing the things a Particle Cannon... " -

PostPosted: Wed 30 May, 2012 2:13 pm 
Shortbus

Just want to say thank you for this awesome mod :D

Also you can still click the top half of the a b and c buttons so its not too bad.

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 1:37 pm 
Shortbus

Nice mod, I lag slightly.

Hi Kloreep!

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jul, 2012 4:10 am 
Shortbus

Blorfy wrote:
I will be looking at a moddable change for this next patch.

Sorry about that.

Maybe you could have the hangers in two lines?

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jul, 2012 5:50 am 
Shortbus

@Kloreep

Whenever I load your mod, I get the correct number of hangars (I'm in chapter 4, so 8) But all 8 are tiny hull. I unziped to mod folder like i'm supposed to but I cannot figure it out. The SimpleExample mod that came with the mod package gives me the same problem. What am I doing wrong? :?:

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jul, 2012 10:03 pm 
Colt

Some things do not work retroactively.

First thing you can try without a full reinstall is to delete the cs.dso versions of the mod files in the main mod filder. The game makes those files when it loads, based off the regular .cs versions, and it stores a lot of old info if you update things frequently.

But often you just have to start a new game, as things get put into the game save files and dont retroactively change when you update things. Which is why the devs had to go out of their way at times to make a system to retroactively inject patch changes into old saved games. Or so i believe ^.^ .

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jul, 2012 6:50 pm 
Shortbus

Joe Shmo wrote:
Some things do not work retroactively.

First thing you can try without a full reinstall is to delete the cs.dso versions of the mod files in the main mod filder. The game makes those files when it loads, based off the regular .cs versions, and it stores a lot of old info if you update things frequently.

But often you just have to start a new game, as things get put into the game save files and dont retroactively change when you update things. Which is why the devs had to go out of their way at times to make a system to retroactively inject patch changes into old saved games. Or so i believe ^.^ .

Well, I tried a new game but still got 8 tiny hangars right at the beginning. I guess I will have to try the reinstall...

PostPosted: Sun 15 Jul, 2012 3:53 am 
Shortbus

Tried a clean reinstall but no luck :roll: Oh well, I guess mods are out for me... :(

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jul, 2012 12:37 am 
Shortbus

Are you using version 1.600?