MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Thu 23 Nov, 2017 11:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
 Post subject: Re: Fight For Universe: True Origin (v0.93.3)
PostPosted: Fri 08 Jul, 2016 10:32 pm 
Shortbus

Hey, just wanted to see if you were still working on this mod. I only recently found this mod, despite having had SPAZ for years, and I'm blown away by how awesome this mod is. It has fully rekindled my desire to play through this game again, and I'm really hoping you're planning on continuing your work on this. Just wanted to check with you. Again, amazing work.

PostPosted: Wed 27 Jul, 2016 1:42 pm 
Dart

He works on it when he can, but he's a busy man. Also a bit of a procrastinator with some things like making all the ship variants. (such a zZzZ job, so I can understand)
Hence, don't expect anything too soon. I'm afraid a full release is still a long way from being done. Purely uneducated speculation would make me guess we'd be lucky to see it somewhere in 2017.

PostPosted: Thu 29 Sep, 2016 5:52 am 
Shortbus

While it looks like an interesting mod, I've got to ask am I supposed to start at level 221 with 1M Goons and I don't know how much Rez?
I used the the link for v0.93.3 and told it to skip the intro.

EDIT: Tried V0.93 and did the same thing, started at level 5 with a much more reasonable starting Goon and Rez count.

PostPosted: Fri 30 Sep, 2016 6:13 pm 
Shortbus

Phasehand wrote:
While it looks like an interesting mod, I've got to ask am I supposed to start at level 221 with 1M Goons and I don't know how much Rez?
I used the the link for v0.93.3 and told it to skip the intro.

EDIT: Tried V0.93 and did the same thing, started at level 5 with a much more reasonable starting Goon and Rez count.

its becasue if you dont do tutorial you get uberlevel and stuff. dotn know why.

For the mod creator:

Epic improvement i love the new design of most ship which make them all truly usefull.

the addition of the few utility mount on a lot of design helpa lot. and i love it.

little complains
- mass bomb and ship explosions are too brutal a single one kill anything... 1800hull+tier6zirconium armor+tier6 solid state shield die oneshootted byt the explosion of a turtle head or a single basic mass bomb... dafuq.

-and the cargo lose too much speed when full, they can lose lost of acceleration and turning but being this slow make non cargo ship better at being cargo, since they do the travel fast enough to compensate and even be superior to cargo. which is a shame

tried whith a thug were he take a whole minute to fill its cargo of 650(had a few upgrades) and the yach does almost 800-1200rez per minute simply because he doesnt get slowed as much and does easily mutiple 200rez travel.

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec, 2016 4:59 am 
Shortbus

So, have a bug that crashes the game. I have done nothing to the mod files or the game. Other note is that I am not using the steam version of the game, but the one that's on the official website that requires a key.

It's not letting me upload the saves, but it literally crashes randomly on me. Seems to be a 100% crashrate when defending the mothership from zombies in the late game tho.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments:
console.log [746.51 KiB]
Downloaded 69 times

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan, 2017 2:08 pm 
Shortbus

Amatur hard arena fight where you have slow mule with fixed mount turrets vs helix seems completely impossible, cant even turn fast enough between being bombed and slowed to even shoot at it...

Skilled arena first fight - fatal error: invalid hull 129111

PostPosted: Sun 15 Jan, 2017 3:30 am 
Tug

Ojisan wrote:
Amatur hard arena fight where you have slow mule with fixed mount turrets vs helix seems completely impossible, cant even turn fast enough between being bombed and slowed to even shoot at it...

Skilled arena first fight - fatal error: invalid hull 129111

WarStalkeR wrote:
Version 1.00 (Work In Progress, Not Yet Released, Info Updated on 06/05/2016)
• Rebalancing Arena Ladder...

PostPosted: Sun 30 Apr, 2017 7:37 pm 
Dart

Any status updates? :?:

PostPosted: Wed 31 May, 2017 8:12 pm 
Shortbus

got one edit effects.cs. it seams warstrikerz borked up the framecount interger in that file open effects.cs with a textedit or a code editor. you wil find it in the mods managed folder. find framecount= -1 lines thrueout the file. change it to 1 on every single one you find. then once your done save the file. then run the game the fps should stay 60 even with all the big explosions but theres still one crash that sometimes happens when you do ship refiting but is very rare.

PostPosted: Thu 01 Jun, 2017 9:50 pm 
Shortbus

Let me conclude (temporary) @mashtong54 's DIY fix in an easier-to-read way so that everyone can fix their mod. Hopefully there still are people care to read this, and the author of the mod care to fix this (sorry no offense).

1. In file \mods\FightForUniverse_TrueOrigin\managed\effects.cs

Change all
Code:
allowUnload = "0"
to
Code:
allowUnload = "1"

This may allow the current effect (actually an image) to unload from memory right after it stays on screen for enough number of frames, without waiting for the Garbage Collector to delete them.

Change all
Code:
frameCount = "-1"
to
Code:
frameCount = "1"

This decide the current effect should stay on screen for how many frames before being unload. -1 means "stay as long as possible".

2. In file \mods\FightForUniverse_TrueOrigin\gameScripts\datablocks\effectDatablocs.cs

This file contains the reference (link) to the effect file for each effect. You should go to the directory, and check if the typo is correct or not and correct it yourself.
Code:
\..\
means "go back one folder". If the directory or the file doessn't exist, maybe you could remove that line, but I suggest go copy from the original game.

One more time, thank @mashtong54 for your hard work.
P/S: ashitboy, are you mashtong54 on Steam?

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jun, 2017 5:45 am 
Ranger

VERSION 0.93.4 IS RELEASED!
I've implemented what mashtong54 and SK from the SPAZ steam topic suggested. Hopefully this will resolve all these silly crashes to the desktop. Enjoy :)

Post subject: Re: Fight For Universe: True Origin (v0.93.4)
PostPosted: Mon 26 Jun, 2017 5:37 pm 
Shortbus

Hello!

I''ve registered here just for this. I love your mod, its really great and a awesome extension of what SPAZ is. It is however sad that SPAZ doesnt allow multiple mods to work together and I am unable to create mods on my own. Would it be possible to add the ships from GSB into this mod? Just the ships, since in my own opinion SPAZ is just missing a larger roster of ships. ;) Also I beleive that the designs of the GSB ships really compliment the weapons you have made in your mod.

Thanks for your consideration!

The '19 GSB ships' mod is up in the roster, I am unable to post the link here yet. :/

PostPosted: Wed 20 Sep, 2017 9:42 am 
Dart

It's been years now... Still haven't played the mod in anticipation of the full release :P

In fact, looks like SPAZ 2 will be released before this.

Perhaps you'll end up converting the whole thing to SPAZ 2, I don't know if I can hold of half a decade longer, but i'll certainly try :lol:

PostPosted: Fri 13 Oct, 2017 8:51 am 
Dart

I don't know if someone noticed that, so, in case new players arrive on this mod :
At beginning if you have trouble defeating enemies there is a really easy way to do that, when you spawn you have your beacon, to easily win you just send your ships at the back of the beacon (2 screens behind it is enough) you stay just behind it and you wait to lure enemy ships close to the beacon, then as the beacon is overpowered it will destroy in a second all ships except hudge and some big ones.

All you have to do is waiting. :-)

I noticed the latest version add all rez, goon and data at start, I think it is too bad but hey, as this mod is no longer under dev... Have fun anyway !

PostPosted: Fri 13 Oct, 2017 8:52 am 
Dart

Antiga wrote:
It's been years now... Still haven't played the mod in anticipation of the full release :P

In fact, looks like SPAZ 2 will be released before this.

Perhaps you'll end up converting the whole thing to SPAZ 2, I don't know if I can hold of half a decade longer, but i'll certainly try :lol:

I see : Posted: Wed 20 Sep, 2017 10:42 am

Are you aware that SPAZ 2 is already available since one year now (in anticipated way, but still available) ??? :shock:

PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov, 2017 5:13 pm 
Shortbus

Hi. Here is an issue I've been encountering with your mod, that started appearing at higher end gameplay, (around 60 - 70 levels), where there are plenty of enemies around. Can't play the game, because it crashes before I can finish any quest.. Please, fix.

Using Windows 10 Creators Update. All latest drivers. Have decent PC

Attachments:
File comment: Hope this helps
console.log [10.75 KiB]
Downloaded 10 times
File comment: This happens often. Other types of crashes without any messages occur, too
bgnnjmjm.JPG [21.39 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov, 2017 11:02 pm 
Dart

I ran into an issue, and was wondering if anyone had any advice? I've only ever played vanilla SPAZ before, but just reinstalled the game this week after a few years absence and decided to install the latest version of this mod as well. Everything seems to be working fine so far, but I just unlocked some Booster modules and was playing around with them, and it seems that the Engine & Reactor Boosters don't do anything (at least the lowest tier ones)? Just to confirm, I checked the Research panel to make sure that I do have the necessary Research levels to use these different boosters.

More specifically, I made some identical ships, then loaded one of up with either Engine boosters or reactor boosters, and there was no difference in speed or how many shots could be fired before the reactor fully drained. E.G. here is an album showing two ships, but when I pilot the one full of engine boosters, it has the same speed as the other one, as evidenced by how the AI pilot keeps perfect formation with me, flying at the same speed and never lagging behind. I did similar tests for reactor booster, just leaving two weapon slots on each ship.

Fortunately, the shield booster definitely does have an effect, and I can clearly see the higher shield strength when adding boosters.
UPDATE: Finally unlocked the Beams, Cannons, and Cloak boosters, and they also definitely have some effect. Beams was at least boosting beam length, Cannon was at least boosting cannon refire rate, and cloak at least boosted cloak strength confirmed. So far it continues to only be Reactor and Engine Boosters which don't work for me.

Is this a known issue, or is something else going on? I don't use any other mods. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Info:
    Started a new game, INSANE difficulty, Galaxy settings left at default.
    Playing through STEAM

MSI GE72VR Apache laptop
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card
    Windows 10 64bit
    CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ
    Memory: 16GB

Attachments:
b_save.7z [140 KiB]
Downloaded 6 times
console.log [6.04 KiB]
Downloaded 10 times

Last edited by Xen0nex on Sun 12 Nov, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov, 2017 5:26 am 
Dart

Sorry for the second post, but I encountered a very different, game-crashing bug. When attacking an early game UTA base, the game simply crashes and closes.

The last few lines from console.log in each case is always:
Quote:
Activating DirectInput...
EnableControls Error, Invalid Enable object SpazPopupGUI

Steps to reproduce from my save file:
1. Warp to the level 9 UTA base within this System. Attacking lower level UTA bases in lower-level systems, such as level 1, 5, or 6, causes no issue, however attacking the UTA base in other higher-systems with level 8, 15, causes this same issue.
2. Begin attacking the base (I had been setting my AI ships to attack the base while I hide cloaked at a distance lobbing bombs)
3. After 1~3 minutes of battle, even if I don't fire any bombs and just let the AI sips attack, the game crashes with the error message:
Quote:
TorqueGameBuilder has stopped working

Only one time out of 5 did the game last long enough for UTA reinforcements to warp in (the first attempt, and it lasted even for several minutes after the first wave of reinforcements), now usually the game crashes before any appear. This made me wonder if maybe the issue is related to the enemy reinforcement ships warping in? Perhaps certain ships attempting to warp in is somehow causing the crash?

Info:
Started a new game, INSANE difficulty, Galaxy settings left at default.
Issue occurs in chapter 2, in a level 9 system
Playing through STEAM

MSI GE72VR Apache laptop
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card
Windows 10 64bit
CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ
Memory: 16GB

Attachments:
console.log [4.97 KiB]
Downloaded 9 times
b_save.7z [143.14 KiB]
Downloaded 6 times

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42