MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Sun 19 Nov, 2017 6:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Different weapon types
PostPosted: Tue 03 Sep, 2013 5:19 pm 
Shortbus

Hello everybody

I am new here; and I bought Spaz just 2 days ago. I love this game, it has high replay-ability.

Anyway, I have a question:

I am doing a run with beams-missiles-shields, also hull and armor. Cant remember my invested points from memory... I am tech level 33 or 34 atm.
My question: Allthough I am not specced into cannons, is it still a good idea to use cannons, even though I have no points in cannons?
I was planning to go cannons along with beams and missiles, but I specced out of cannons since I like beams.

I also am aiming for a drone ship (a flora, I like its design :) ) so that means I will have to respec some category's...

Keep it up MinMax!! ^^ :D

Post subject: Re: Different weapon types
PostPosted: Tue 03 Sep, 2013 6:27 pm 
Volley

no... keep what you got unless you want to respec. NO NO NO FLORA!

Generally the most powerful weapons are in cannon... unless you want to wait it out for fusion beam. Some people say that is pretty good. I wouldn't know... I could never love that. Particle cannon and Rail gun for me ooh and drones... LOTS OF DRONES! MUHAHAHAHAHA ... <cough> anyways so ya... do what ever suits you. If it don't work out you can respec for a price and try something else.

PostPosted: Tue 03 Sep, 2013 7:08 pm 
Shortbus

Ok, thanks for the answer ViroMan.
Like I said, I do like the flora as far as design is concerned... I do know it doesnt have shooter mounts, only small launchers, and 3 large utility mounts plus 1 large drone which I am already specced into to level 3 or 4 I think. I just like to try the flora with a cloak, and try and find the launcher booster.

Yes, I already have been browsing this site for a while now; also steamcommunity forum and the spaz wiki... I always try to be knowledgeable about the game(s) I play.

PostPosted: Tue 03 Sep, 2013 7:16 pm 
Gyro

Steve wrote:
Yes, I already have been browsing this site for a while now; also steamcommunity forum and the spaz wiki... I always try to be knowledgeable about the game(s) I play.

One thing to keep in mind about that - The SPAZ wiki tends to be a bit too subjective at times, as the people who write some entries forget they're supposed to be writing about the base game and not mods.

PostPosted: Wed 04 Sep, 2013 11:37 am 
Shortbus

Oh, great I guess... :P
It would be nice if they could keep it with info from the base game. Its also rather incomplete too at this time...

Me personally never was into modding... About the only mod I ever played was a mod with Dawn of War 1; it was called the Horus Heresy. And it was actually fun.

Btw; good to hear that the 2 of them are working on Spaz 2...! If is a bit something like the first game, I think I will going to buy that one aswell.

Peace

PostPosted: Wed 04 Sep, 2013 7:56 pm 
Volley

Well when it comes to mods here... they generally don't change the story more like change your weapons and looks.