MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Fri 24 Nov, 2017 3:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Starflight
PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan, 2012 7:26 am 
Shortbus

Anybody out there play Starflight? It was one of the original space exploration games out there. You explore space, drop down onto the planet to collect minerals, modify your spaceship and encounter other aliens which you could use diplomacy or fight. I played it for the Sega Genesis. Wooooo~ The memories! I spent my childhood playing such games. Was very similar to SPAZ.

Post subject: Re: Starflight
PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan, 2012 11:32 am 
Shortbus

Already a favorite of computer gamers, Starflight soared onto the Genesis and promptly left its stamp as one of the best games ever made for the console. True, such comments get tossed around quite a bit, but in this case, it's more than warranted. The sheer level of freedom and sense of exploration Starflight provided was enough to keep you occupied literally for weeks. The delicate balance between action and simulation was never broken, and it was always a blast.

Post subject: Re: Starflight
PostPosted: Sun 15 Jan, 2012 10:43 am 
Volley

Thanks for pointing this game out. It's a bit difficult to get into but I'm enjoying playing it off and on. Seems like the kind of game you could play for weeks and not finish... which is awesome. They don't make many games like that these days.

Just wish there was a bit more documentation about it, or something specific to the Genesis version which seems to be different than the PC version (and other versions) in several ways. Like there doesn't seem to be a way to investigate ruins, though you get advised to search for them anyway.

Anyway, great game from what I've played so far.