MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: spacepiratesandzombies.com SEO
PostPosted: Tue 08 Mar, 2011 2:26 am 
Dart

A note on SEO for whoever administers the website: A big part of being successful in marketing the game is having your website at the top of Google's search results when someone searches the name of the game.

Right now the domain is fourth when I search. Switching to the spacepiratesandzombies.com domain has given a huge boost to your search rank, as Google will count words in the domain above all else.

Ahead of you are:
  1. Zombie Space Pirates @ myspace.com
  2. A news post announcing SPAZ @ bigdownload.com
  3. The old website @ spazgame.com
"Zombie Space Pirates" may be a lasting problem, but your rank should improve with time. To hasten the rise, consider the following suggestions:
  • Add/edit in a relatively large piece of text displaying "Space Pirates and Zombies" (possibly bold and slightly increase the size of the "Space Pirates And Zombies" that is already in the first paragraph), or if that isn't possible, add Alt-Text (less effective) to the banner images. Google can't process images, so it relies on relative weights of text to distinguish importance.
  • Get links to spacepiratesandzombies.com on high-profile websites. The links don't need to be high-profile themselves (purely for the sake of SEO, for advertising the more noticeable the better), any link from an important website will help pull up the importance of your website.
  • Meta tags aren't as important as they once were, but they still help. Set "keywords" to a wide variety of combinations of terms related to SPAZ. Set the "description" tag, and what you put in it will appear as the description under the Google search result.
  • Google offers a webmaster service, you might want to look at it: http://www.google.com/webmasters

Post subject: Re: spacepiratesandzombies.com SEO
PostPosted: Wed 09 Mar, 2011 4:46 am 
Developer

Thanks for the advice! I copied this to a private mail to Richard and Antario. Hopefully they will come up with a plan to act on this.

PostPosted: Wed 09 Mar, 2011 8:53 am 
Clockwork Personnel

the relative novelty of the site partly contributes to it being nr.3 right now (10 seconds ago at least)

give it a week, and once we kickstart the 'mouth to mouth advertising' campain (aka lots of people making forum posts everywhere) that should rise to the top

i did propose to close down spazgame.com and redirect it to the new site automaticly, that should help

Please read the Forum guidelines before posting
Anything related to the forum dont hesitate to PM or e-mail me

PostPosted: Wed 09 Mar, 2011 1:16 pm 
Gopher

I noticed that the http://minmax-games.com/ main page still links to SPAZGAME.COM and not the new URL!

PostPosted: Wed 09 Mar, 2011 7:27 pm 
Scout

Why dont you just reroute the old url to the new one??
That way it wont matter which one they use.

PostPosted: Wed 09 Mar, 2011 7:33 pm 
Dart

A CNAME or a "redirect" record in spazgame.com's DNS would allow a clean redirect.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 7:11 am 
Shortbus

Is this a good way to start Search Engine Optimization for my company? I have Googled and found this company in chicago.. could anyone advise me whether this is a good company?? they are quite flexible and gives assurance of money back guarantee.

Last edited by duminiexy on Thu 12 Jan, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 7:59 am 
Hound

ROFL, no wonder, bloody necroposter... Here I'm looking at the dates 09, and 09 (days) and thinking spazgame.com does link to Spacepiratesandzombies.com until I realized this post was done back in Mar 09 2011, not Jan 09 2012.

Watch the dates!!!!

PostPosted: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 6:21 am 
Shortbus

AlexiStukov really explain in an wonderful way about the activity. Hope to work on my new plan of strategy.

@duminiexy, hope this will help you a lot to decide things on starting Search Engine Optimisation for your company. Best wishes.

PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar, 2012 2:19 pm 
Hatchet

I know I'm guilty of it myself in this post, but please stop posting to this thread. It was a year dead when someone googled SEO and hit on this thread, and it's still a year dead in terms of useful activity.

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan, 2018 6:59 am 
Shortbus

Seo is doing well these days with my seo company and I think I’d like to start an advertising campaign soon. My company also provides facebook ad management services and they’ve been working on a nice video ad campaign lately.

PostPosted: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 10:05 am 
Shortbus

It is fact that the more you pay attention to your website’s SEO the easier it will become to gain ranking in the top pages. But along with SEO there are many other ways too that can help you generate new sales. The FB ads are most widely used by the businesses. Even I have been using the services from facebook ads management Los Angeles team.