MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Thu 14 Dec, 2017 5:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Can't start the game!
PostPosted: Mon 09 Apr, 2012 2:09 pm 
Dart

I'm getting this message:

But i got all my drivers installed and updated to the latest.

Can anyone help me?

I have no issues with other games.

Here is a link with my notebook specs:
http://i.minus.com/1334062842/qXBmIr60n ... th5GW.oxps

and a direct link to a thread i have started on steam

Post subject: Re: Can't start the game!
PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr, 2012 12:52 am 
Developer

Hi SHJordan,

I also replied to your Steam post. It looks like your laptop does not currently support OpenGL (but the right drivers should fix that). Can you please attach a DxDiag so we can take a look and perhaps point you in the right direction. OpenGL is much less common than DX for games, and this is likely why you have not encountered this before.

We will do our best to get you playing.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr, 2012 1:32 am 
Dart

But i'm using the latest drivers available Blorfy... =\ What should i do? My computer is manufactored by Microboard, the GPU is one of intel. And I'm using the latest intel drivers, other games are working ok... so what should that be?

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr, 2012 1:59 am 
Developer

Can you please post a dxdiag? It will give us a lot of specific computer info. It should be a matter of googling OpenGL and your machine type once we have that.

I know this can be frustrating, but we will do our best to get you playing. On board video cards tend to have issues that Nvidia and ATI do not have. If your laptop has an secondary powered video card, then that will likely work as well. Usually the lo power one is CPU emulated and the high powered one (actual card) will have other drivers and work. Note, not all laptops have these, but gaming laptops tend to.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr, 2012 2:10 am 
Dart

Blorfy wrote:
Can you please post a dxdiag? It will give us a lot of specific computer info. It should be a matter of googling OpenGL and your machine type once we have that.

I know this can be frustrating, but we will do our best to get you playing. On board video cards tend to have issues that Nvidia and ATI do not have. If your laptop has an secondary powered video card, then that will likely work as well. Usually the lo power one is CPU emulated and the high powered one (actual card) will have other drivers and work. Note, not all laptops have these, but gaming laptops tend to.

Here it is: http://minus.com/mS29aoSyB/

I hope it helps... and also... i have no other gpu... only the intel one.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr, 2012 7:28 pm 
Developer

Can you please post the file directly here? The data on the minus.com service is not easily decipherable. If we can get your DxDiag linked here, perhaps the community will have some ideas. You can even paste the text directly into a message if you like. You should also be able to link an attachment here.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr, 2012 8:46 pm 
Dart

Blorfy wrote:
Can you please post the file directly here? The data on the minus.com service is not easily decipherable. If we can get your DxDiag linked here, perhaps the community will have some ideas. You can even paste the text directly into a message if you like. You should also be able to link an attachment here.

Try this:

http://i.minus.com/1334173506/wQmMGksYO ... NL4hDa.xml

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr, 2012 4:04 am 
Developer

This is still difficult to decipher due to the xml encoding. Can you please upload a text document or even reply to this message with a text version of your dxDiag? Making the information easily retrievable will go a long way toward the community being able to help with identifying the openGL issue you are facing.

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr, 2012 1:11 pm 
Ranger

From what I can make out, he is using a Beta of Windows 8 64bit? This could mean his problem is simply lacking up to date drivers, drivers that may not yet exist.

<DriverDate>
2/18/2012 02:17:19
</DriverDate>

They do seem rather newish.

You can download the XML by using the download at the bottom, and trying some XML viewer.

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 5:35 pm 
Dart

TNSe wrote:
From what I can make out, he is using a Beta of Windows 8 64bit? This could mean his problem is simply lacking up to date drivers, drivers that may not yet exist.

<DriverDate>
2/18/2012 02:17:19
</DriverDate>

They do seem rather newish.

You can download the XML by using the download at the bottom, and trying some XML viewer.

You're right. I'm using windows 8 64 bit. Yet, many other games are running smooth on it... so i believe is not a lack of up to date drivers but something else.

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr, 2012 2:42 am 
Dart

*bump*

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 12:07 am 
Developer

I am actually still waiting on the console.log file and dxdiag to be posted here as either attachments or plain text. I am not trying to be difficult, but it makes sense to make the process of diagnosing your problem the most streamlined possible to get the maximum number of eyes on it.

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 12:24 am 
Dart

Blorfy wrote:
I am actually still waiting on the console.log file and dxdiag to be posted here as either attachments or plain text. I am not trying to be difficult, but it makes sense to make the process of diagnosing your problem the most streamlined possible to get the maximum number of eyes on it.

OK... give me a minute.

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 12:35 am 
Dart

How do i get the console.log?

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 12:41 am 
Dart

dxdiag attached...

Attachments:
File comment: dxdiag
DxDiag.txt [38.87 KiB]
Downloaded 73 times

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 4:37 am 
Developer

To get a console.log file, once you start the game, it should be generated where spazgame.exe is located. It may be that this warning will execute the program before the logging begins though as I am sure it is quite early.

Looking at the DxDiag, what is likely the problem is the use of Windows8. I have a strong feeling that any drivers you would need to get openGL working on this machine are not yet available since it seems to be running a preview OS. Out of curiosity, did your laptop come with this OS or have you replaced it?

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 5:35 am 
Dart

Blorfy wrote:
To get a console.log file, once you start the game, it should be generated where spazgame.exe is located. It may be that this warning will execute the program before the logging begins though as I am sure it is quite early.

Looking at the DxDiag, what is likely the problem is the use of Windows8. I have a strong feeling that any drivers you would need to get openGL working on this machine are not yet available since it seems to be running a preview OS. Out of curiosity, did your laptop come with this OS or have you replaced it?

No, i have replaced it... i use it for testing stuff... on my desktop is working fine... But the problem it isn't generating a console.log. =x

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 7:08 am 
Developer

Ok, it seems that is likely the problem then. Until Win8 goes mainstream there is likely not much we can do and you should play SPAZ on the desktop. Your savegames are portable, and if you are using Steam, the cloud service will handle that for you as well. Once Win8 becomes the next standard, drivers will be properly updated as well as I am sure an engine patch for Torque2D.

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 8:12 am 
Hound

So Windows 8 is just gonna be called Windows 8 and not something else fancy? Like Windows 4.0 XD

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 8:19 am 
Volley

Palandus wrote:
So Windows 8 is just gonna be called Windows 8 and not something else fancy? Like Windows 4.0 XD

Indeed. The windows that has a version number of 6.2 (win7 has 6.1) will indeed be called Windows 8.

Unless you're going to use it on an ARM Tablet. Then It's gonna be called Windows RT. (IIRC)
Not that the ARM version would matter. Can't run any x86 based stuff on it like SPAZ. :p

Official SPAZ mod package (v2.0) Cause people cant find links anymore