MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Sat 25 Nov, 2017 8:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Crash on start up
PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2012 3:20 pm 
Hound

Well your game sure didn't get far into the load before crashing. Maybe try a re install just to rule that out. Sorry for the issues.

PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2012 4:07 pm 
Developer

nomoney4u wrote:
I just bought this game from the Humble Bundle. I am looking forward to playing this and the game just crashed on me without even starting up. I loaded steam and pressed "play" and it crashed with the message "TorqueGameBuilder has stopped working". Attached is my console.log, please help me out.

Hmm, would you happen to be running an Alienware machine?

PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2012 7:46 pm 
Shortbus

Blorfy wrote:
nomoney4u wrote:
I just bought this game from the Humble Bundle. I am looking forward to playing this and the game just crashed on me without even starting up. I loaded steam and pressed "play" and it crashed with the message "TorqueGameBuilder has stopped working". Attached is my console.log, please help me out.

No I am not. Custom built machine. I will try to redownload the game and see.

PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2012 8:44 pm 
Shortbus

nomoney4u wrote:
Blorfy wrote:
nomoney4u wrote:

No I am not. Custom built machine. I will try to redownload the game and see.

Just did a reinstallation of the game through steam. Still unable to start the game, same error.

PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2012 9:17 pm 
Developer

Hmm, can you post a dxdiag here? We will take a look and see whats up that may be unusual with your machine. If you are using dual video cards, can you try disabling one?

PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep, 2012 8:09 am 
Shortbus

Okay. I fixed it. Just did a re-download of the Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and reinstalled my driver. Seemed to work now. Thank you guys for trying.

PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep, 2012 3:56 pm 
Hound

Go forth mighty pirate, and cleanse the galaxy :)

PostPosted: Sun 21 Oct, 2012 6:14 pm 
Shortbus

Sorry for the necropost, but since this is one of the top entries when searching this issue on Google, I wanted to make sure it's accessible.

I had the same issues after buying the HIB. It worked the first time I installed on Steam, but one day I began receiving the same error. I got it to work by accident. After restarting Steam, restarting the computer, deleting and redownloading SPAZ, and updating my ATI driver to the latest beta, I gave up trying to get it to work and played a different Steam game (Team Fortress 2 in my case). After playing that, I decided to try SPAZ again, and it worked! Just to be safe, I checked the DirectX compatibility mode box on the launcher.

This morning, I booted up and got the same error when trying to launch SPAZ. I felt lucky, so I fired up TF2 and played that for a bit. After exiting, I tried SPAZ again, and sure enough, I am able to start it up. I have no idea what might be going on to cause this, but I wanted to share it as a possible workaround.

PostPosted: Sat 02 Apr, 2016 12:29 pm 
Shortbus

Blorfy wrote:
Ok Here is a file.

This will start your game in directX compatibility mode right off the bat. Please send me a console log after you try this. You will need to tick the compatibility mode button on the options screen if this works.

Unzip the file and replace the canvas.cs.dso with this one.

I've used this file to troubleshoot issues with another Torque game on Steam -- could you kindly share the source code (.cs) or the relevant line(s) that actually make this work?